Jambands.ca

Beatles to Cancel Tour

Hux

You know, I'm not all that bummed out by this. I've listened to the tapes from the '65 summer tour (esp. The Cow Palace), and the audience noise is over the freakin' top. There were no SBD patches available, either. :(

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
The Beatles played The Cow Palace, not Candlestick Park, in 1965.

AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM PAUL 04.10.70

Last Friday night, I got together with George, Ringo and John to talk openly about the strong feelings I've been having that The Beatles has run its course and that we should end it now while it's still on a high note. Once we started talking, it quickly became apparent that the other guys' feelings, while not all the same as mine, were similar in many ways -- most importantly, that we all love and respect The Beatles and the Beatles' audience far too much to stand by and allow it to drag on beyond the point of vibrancy and health. We don't want to become caricatures of ourselves, or worse yet, a nostalgia act. By the end of the meeting, we realized that after almost eight years together we were faced with the opportunity to graciously step away in unison, as a group, united in our friendship and our feelings of gratitude.

So "Let It Be" will be the final Beatles album to be released. We are proud and thrilled that we didn't murder each other in cold English blood while recording it. We're also excited for the release of the "Let It Be" film featuring our final performance together, on the Abbey Road rooftops. For the sake of clarity, I should say that this is not like the trip to India to hang with the Maharishi, which was our last attempt to revitalize ourselves. We're done. It's been an amazing and incredible journey. We thank you all for the love and support that you've shown us. Look out for my new album, called "McCartney" coming out in a couple of weeks on Apple Records. Fuck you very much John, George and - a little less fuck to you, Ringo.

Edited by Guest
goo goo ga joob

Funny.

I'll be going to see the Classic Albums Live (CAL) performance of the Beatles "Abbey Road" tonight (Thursday August 18, 2005) at the Phoenix Concert Theatre.

My previous favorite of these CAL shows was the performance of Paul McCartney & Wings "Band On the Run" so this should be quite good.

Tiim

Funny.

I'll be going to see the Classic Albums Live (CAL) performance of the Beatles "Abbey Road" tonight (Thursday August 18, 2005) at the Phoenix Concert Theatre.

My previous favorite of these CAL shows was the performance of Paul McCartney & Wings "Band On the Run" so this should be quite good.

Tiim

i'm in envy once again Timmyb.

I wish someone was recording this. I love to hear the little details when people throw down a tribute to the Beatles. Knowing a band's music inside and out really makes the tribute experience incredibly fun.