Jambands.ca

Do you have a list of things you want to do...

Sunshine

Do you have a list of things you want to do or accomplish during your life?

* get a puppy dog

* Travel to Costa Rica for at least a month

* Travel back to Australia to see my friend Kamarla and the West Coast

* Travel to Thailand

* Travel to South America

* Travel to the Yukon

* Basically travel/ Backpack the world whenever I get a chance - Diving in every possible destination

* Get married, buy a house, have at least one child

* See the Allman's

* See Ween (Oct 27th - YAY!)

* Sky dive

* Build a log cabin on a lake

* get all my sunset photos framed

oops (boss is here) better get some work done...I'll continue my list later.

A list of artist I have yet to see live that I really want to:

Stevie Wonder (Wonder a child on his own birthday and it looks like everything else takes a back seat. Though it's hard to begrudge him for that.)

Cream (Damn I hear that if Cream does a run of shows at Madison Square Gardens it would be the most expensive show I would ever have to pay for. I also heard rumours that the Air Canada Centre was in line for a small Cream tour. I have a hard time believing that, but I would pay more than I would care to think about to see Eric Clapton with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker.)

Leonard Cohen (Thought I would never see Cohen live after I missed him in 1993, but with him being supposedly broke now I may have my chance in 2006?)

Richie Furay (He is now a minister in Colorado. Though on the rare occasion he still plays with Poco and or Jim Messina, but I'll probably have to be on the west coast to see him.)

David Gilmour (One of my biggest regrets was missing Pink Floyd in 1994. I have no delusions that I will one day see Pink Floyd with Roger Waters [whom I saw in 1999] in the band again, though I hope to see Gilmour in any form sooner or later. Unfortunately I might have to go to the United Kingdom to do so.)

Steve Hackett (Whom I hopefully will be seeing for the first time on Sunday October 2, 2005 at the Hamilton Place Studio. Once I see Hackett I will have seen all of the members from the best lineup from Genesis from 1971-1975.)

Bill Bruford (I would love it if Bruford was back in King Crimson as Tony Levin has recently made his return to Robert Fripp and Adrian Belew, it could be the Discipline era all over again. Though I'll probably have to see Bruford with his Earthworks project in the Big Apple as he has stated that it is too expensive to tour North America anymore.)

Gene Parsons (Former Byrd and Flying Burrito Brother drummer/vocalist/songwriter/guitarist. Along with Clarence White Gene helped to create the Stringbender http://www.stringbender.com/ and sometimes tours but it is usually in Europe and/or the west coast.)

Pete Seeger (I am still kicking myself for not going to the Toronto International Film Festival last year when it showed a film about the Weavers where Seeger and the rest played in the theatre. Time is running out and I wonder if that was my last chance to see this folk legend?)

Joan Baez (There really was no excuse for me to miss Baez in 2003 at U of T's Convocation Hall, but I did. I still hope to see her one day.)

A list of artist I have yet to see live that I really want to:

Stevie Wonder (Wonder a child on his own birthday and it looks like everything else takes a back seat. Though it's hard to begrudge him for that.)

Cream (Damn I hear that if Cream does a run of shows at Madison Square Gardens it would be the most expensive show I would ever have to pay for. I also heard rumours that the Air Canada Centre was in line for a small Cream tour. I have a hard time believing that, but I would pay more than I would care to think about to see Eric Clapton with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker.)

Leonard Cohen (Thought I would never see Cohen live after I missed him in 1993, but with him being supposedly broke now I may have my chance in 2006?)

Yes, Yes and Yes.

I saw Eric Clapton on his blues tour, but what a treat it would be to see CREAM

I'd like to be in a band for an actual on-the-road tour. Not very long, maybe just two weeks, with about 10 or so (club) shows. I get the feeling that once I do this, and have "absorbed" the experience, I won't want to do it again, but having been close to touring musicians, it sounds like it could be an interesting (if not fun) thing to do.

Aloha,

Brad

Hey Sunshine,

Where you at the Eric Clapton "Nothing But the Blues Tour" opener in Montreal in 1994?

That was my first Clapton concert and if I remember right it would have been Stevie Ray Vaughan's birthday and his brother Jimmie was opening for Clapton so it was a very special night.

Tim

Hey Sunshine,

Where you at the Eric Clapton "Nothing But the Blues Tour" opener in Montreal in 1994?

That was my first Clapton concert and if I remember right it would have been Stevie Ray Vaughan's birthday and his brother Jimmie was opening for Clapton so it was a very special night.

Tim

I was at the Toronto show at Maple Leaf Gardens. Jimmie opened and then came out on stage at the end with Clapton. I still smile everytime I think of the night.

There's one thing that I know I will eventually complete but there's no way to do it at the moment.

I need my private pilot's license AND own my own plane. From there, the list will grow as the plane will take me where my list says to go.

To accomplish this, I have to retake ground school and then the flying lessons continue. I feel that I'm a natural at flying. When I took flying lessons before, I took off on my own on my 2nd flight, and on my third flight, the instructor felt confident enough for me to land the plane, and I did it!

The 4th flight never happened because the airport sent it's planes away to retrofit new instruments like GPS. It's like a Tweezer reprise waiting to happen!