Jambands.ca

Who's YOUR Canadian Phish opener?

CyberHippie

You get a call from Phish management informing you of some upcoming Canadian dates. They are looking for one of our up an comers to open some shows. Who do you pick?

I've been struggling with this question all morning. Don't ask why... It's kinda tough though. The band has to have the right music, it has to work in front of a very large crowd etc...

I can't narrow it down to just one, here's what I got.

*Grand Theft Bus

*Wassabi Collective

*The New Deal (I put them in because they probably have the most experience playing larger crowds as well as they already have a reproir with Page.)

Wassabi is a great pick. After Frontier Town, I am a really big fan of theirs.

But, my heart strings gotta go with nero. I'm sure after moe.down they'll be packing houses on their own though. [Wink] Big, big things in the future for those guys. *fingers crossed*

That's one tough question to answer with all the great bands we have up here in Canada. Man we're lucky.

I saw Phish with an opening band:

12-13-97 Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY

1: Ya Mar, Axilla, Theme From the Bottom, Ginseng Sullivan, Strange Design, Sample in a Jar, Vultures, Tube, Good Times Bad Times

2: NICU, Punch You in the Eye, Ghost, Mike's Song#-> Llama, When the Circus Comes, Weekapaug Groove-> Catapult-> Weekapaug Groove, Harry Hood*

E: My Soul, The Squirming Coil

J. Willis Pratt and Weird Bionic opened.....

Archived