Jambands.ca

Who is Jim Slansky?

c-towns

And why have I been getting emails from him for months and months? He has shows in the KW area and I live in Alberta, maybe i should email him back and tell him I can't make it, ever.

Good luck getting off of his list...

He's the jerk from this thread... and this one, too.

Edited by Guest

He's the jerk from this thread... and this one, too.

It's funny how you have this outspoken idea of how people should deal with others when it comes to internet use yet you quickly run off at the mouth and throw insults at people that I suspect you wouldn't if they were in front of you.

Considering you were completely off the mark when you decided that JS had grabbed email addresses for the 2nd time (he didn't; he did it once, repented, and stopped) you may want to invesigate your thoughts on the man.

Look at the number of opinions for and against receiving the emails and the number of opinions against it.

It seems to me that if the community feels that the malice in grabbing exposed emails off the board and using them for music promotion is open to discussion you may want to leave it to debate and not character attacks.

Try a little tenderness.

C-Town:

Just email him. He'll remove you. Good band. Nice people.

Edited by Guest

He's the jerk from this thread... and this one' date=' too.

[/quote']

It's funny how you have this outspoken idea of how people should deal with others when it comes to internet use yet you quickly run off at the mouth and throw insults at people that I suspect you wouldn't if they were in front of you.

Considering you were completely off the mark when you decided that JS had grabbed email addresses for the 2nd time (he didn't; he did it once, repented, and stopped) you may want to invesigate your thoughts on the man.

Look at the number of opinions for and against receiving the emails and the number of opinions against it.

It seems to me that if the community feels that the malice in grabbing exposed emails off the board and using them for music promotion is open to discussion you may want to leave it to debate and not character attacks.

Try a little tenderness.

Actually, I would have no problem telling him he's a jerk if he were standing in front of me.

And I didn't "decide" that he was doing this again... if you go back and read the thread in its entirety, you'll see that several other people made that assumption before I did, and with good reason, because it did *seem* like that was what was happening. And it didn't particularly help matters that Jim didn't bother to point out that he wasn't doing it a second time until near the end of the thread, despite ample opportunity to do so.

And, for the record, the number of people opposed to receiving spam from a guy who thinks he's doing them a favour and ought to be thanked for it far outweighed the number of people who thought it was a good idea (or didn't mind).

i don't know if it's the same guy, but there's a guitar player in guelph named jim slansky...he's part of the hillside crowd, and from what i could tell, an okay guy. i don't think that this thread is about the same guy...

edit to add: i think that zero and i are talking about the same guy. i didn't even know he had a mailing list! deeps has the right idea. just ask & you will receive. or not receive, if that suits you better.

Edited by Guest

Jim Slansky is a guy that plays in a band called Passenger, and another one called Chipotle.

I've never seen Chipotle, but I've seen Passenger a few times and I think they're a good band. The last time I saw them I thought they were really good. Lots of tasty covers, a few originals, jazzy, funky.

I think that Jim made a mistake a while ago when he pulled some emails from this board and added them to his email list. But in the grand scheme of life, that's such a minor mistake that I'd like to think we could get past it and move on.

Jim's a solid guy, Passenger is a solid band, can we please put this one to rest. Jeez, I hope the next time that I make a mistake I won't have to read about it for a lifetime on this message board.

Tigger just showed up at my house and concurs with the above. Damn straight, mister ... time to go for some beers.

Peace, Mark

i don't know if it's the same guy, but there's a guitar player in guelph named jim slansky...he's part of the hillside crowd, and from what i could tell, an okay guy. i don't think that this thread is about the same guy...

Same guy.

For the record

I'm not bothered by the emails and Passenger is definitely worth checking out in my opinion.

Cheers

Jim Slansky is a guy that plays in a band called Passenger, and another one called Chipotle.

I've never seen Chipotle, but I've seen Passenger a few times and I think they're a good band. The last time I saw them I thought they were really good. Lots of tasty covers, a few originals, jazzy, funky.

I think that Jim made a mistake a while ago when he pulled some emails from this board and added them to his email list. But in the grand scheme of life, that's such a minor mistake that I'd like to think we could get past it and move on.

Jim's a solid guy, Passenger is a solid band, can we please put this one to rest. Jeez, I hope the next time that I make a mistake I won't have to read about it for a lifetime on this message board.

Tigger just showed up at my house and concurs with the above. Damn straight, mister ... time to go for some beers.

Peace, Mark

what he said.

tonin for prime minister!