Jambands.ca

FRIDAY OCt 7th @GYPSY CO-OP:BLUE QUARTER & CHAMELEON PROJECT

The Chameleon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I correct that people are suggesting "Toronto sucks" based on the fact that some bands have trouble making it there? I think there is a lot more going on in Toronto other than music. If we are only talking music, though, I also miss the opportunity to be able to see a great band any night of the week in Toronto, which is almost never the case anywhere else in this country.

I hear so much Toronto-bashing out West that it gets very tiresome. Now it's coming from Ontario, too? Great.

BTW, I would love to live somewhere that I could get a bungalow for $350,000. Where I live, that's the price of a 4-500 square foot studio unit; and you're lucky if you get one.

I guess the grass is always greener somewhere else, but Toronto has too much going for it to "suck".

Am I correct that people are suggesting "Toronto sucks" based on the fact that some bands have trouble making it there?

No... it's a much bigger issue than that. It includes more general ideas such as community, attitude, modes of production, transportation, pollution, and risk-reward.

Anywho... back to the Chameleon Project and Blue Quater please,

Well, despite your request to return to speaking of these bands, you've just given a number of "headings" for what's wrong with Toronto. You can PM me if you'd prefer to take it out of this thread, but I'd love to hear what is wrong with:

1.the many communities in Toronto (as I grew up in a great one);

2. the Toronto attitude (as I think Toronto is not homogeneous in this regard, but I may be wrong);

3. modes of production (as I don't know what that even means); and

4. risk-reward (especially considering I would be making 5 times what I currently am if I moved to Toronto, making me think the reward for my risk would be fantastic).

Please elaborate. One-line, vague responses are not helpful.

Oh, I agree that Toronto is polluted, and I agree it is increasingly difficult to travel around there. That makes sense to me. It is the rest that seems very strange.

Toronto is polluted and dirty, but a great place for live music. The cops even giv eyou ticket when you have your hazards on trying to load your gear, "just trying to make my quota" he says. What a dickhead, faught and got off the ticket anyway.............none the less.............

MUSTASHAT

Sat Oct 8th

Third Floor Reilly's (across from sam the record man) 340 Younge St.

Set time: 9:30, 10ish

See their electronic press kit at http://mrpwebmedia.com/massive/frameset.html click artists and you'll find them there along with a bio and some tunes to check out

Also stream our show here: http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?...

Well, despite your request to return to speaking of these bands, you've just given a number of "headings" for what's wrong with Toronto. You can PM me if you'd prefer to take it out of this thread, but I'd love to hear what is wrong with:

1.the many communities in Toronto (as I grew up in a great one);

2. the Toronto attitude (as I think Toronto is not homogeneous in this regard, but I may be wrong);

3. modes of production (as I don't know what that even means); and

4. risk-reward (especially considering I would be making 5 times what I currently am if I moved to Toronto, making me think the reward for my risk would be fantastic).

Please elaborate. One-line, vague responses are not helpful.

Oh, I agree that Toronto is polluted, and I agree it is increasingly difficult to travel around there. That makes sense to me. It is the rest that seems very strange.

Anyone else want in on this one? PM me. :P

from Jamhub.ca ...

a word from BLUE QUARTER...

hello all! first off thanks to all of those who made it out to the shows up to date. BQ wants all its fans and supporters to rest assured that this is NOT BQ final tour. Don't know where the idea was ever formed. The band will be taking the winter off from touring to simply rest a bit and to get primed for the spring summer. So again, lets set if right, BQ is still streaming forward and you can bet the rest of the tour will be good. hope you make it out. here's the rest of the dates

Wed Sept 28 Cellar Fredricton NB

Thurs Sept 29 Studio 112 Saint John NB

Fri sept 30th Chuggles Antigonish, NS

Sat Oct 1 the Attic Halifax, NS

Thurs Oct 6 Vinyl Guelph, On

Fri Oct 7th Gypsy Co-op Toronto, On w/Chameleon Project

Sat Oct 8th Wylders North Bay On

Thurs Oct 14 Vieux St.Pierre Vitoriaville QC

Fri oct 15 le vieux bourgogne Chambly QC

Sat Oct 16 Nu Jaz fest Montreal

This show is going to be hot n' spicy. Blue Quarter and Chameleon project are both wicked. The last CP show in toronto was a real ball, they played host to the sexiest audience since the last wassabi show. Who are you to resist?

I dig you outlook. Thanks for pumpin' up the JAM! ;);)

Edited by Guest