Jambands.ca

FRIDAY OCt 7th @GYPSY CO-OP:BLUE QUARTER & CHAMELEON PROJECT

The Chameleon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monster Jam......Ya I can dig that fly shit. Heck I remeber one time in Atlanta, I has these 6 fine hoez and this dude strolls up on the track and says "How much for the Monster Jam". I sez well that depends on how big the monster is and where you jammin' it, ya dig! So, then he sez to me......Oh wait a half-step y'all talkin' about music.

Never mind what I said. Fosizzle my peeps

:blush:

banner_october.gif

GYPSY CO-OP JAZZ GROOVE SERIES v.4

nujazz * worldbeat * urban grooves * livetronica www.gypsyco-op.com

Friday October 7th

Blue Quarter & Chameleon Project - Nujazz Livetronica Double Bill www.chameleonproject.com

Touring Canada for the part 5 years and releasing 3 independent albums Vancouver's electro fusionists, Blue Quarter, have developed a national following for their unique take on dance infused electrojazz. Jazz, jungle, disco, funk, dub, techno.it's all about a groove and it's in the DNA of the members of Toronto's Chameleon Project.

Don't wanna be negative guys, but you'd think after 54 replies and over 500 views you could spell 'Blue Quarter' right in the title of the thread....

Huge pet peeve, especially when advertising or promoting something.

AD

Thanks for the heads up. You are totally right, that was a spelling oversight on my part and I can't beleieve I didn't even see it. It's fixed!

Thanks for the heads up. You are totally right, that was a spelling oversight on my part and I can't beleieve I didn't even see it. It's fixed!

Oh, good. We'd hate for that typo'd topic to start breeding litters of other typo'd topics. Please, people, if you're going to get a topic with a typo in it, make sure you get it fixed. And if you see a neighbour's typo'd topic, feel free to pick it up and take it to West Coast Custom Typo'd Topics to have it decked out in the latest accoutrements.

Aloha,

Brad

This sounds like a great show!! The last time I saw Blue Quarter at CTMF they completely reinforced the love for them that I discovered when I first happened upon them playing in Hell's Kitchen in Halifax years ago.

Don't forget, if you can't get the cash together, or you'd rather a little Jerry music, or you just need something to do on setbreak, you can always stroll over to Rancho Relaxo for the Jerry Garcia Tribute Shows! ;)

Anyway you play it (or listen to it), this is going to be a stellar weekend of live music!

Thanks for fixing it....

Met a guy in Halifax on the weekend who works with Jay and the other guys at Evolve (claimed he was the 3rd owner of the festival or something?) and he raved and raved and raved about Chameleon Project.

Hypin' it long distance - CONFIRMED!

AD

ps. Chameleon Project, you can claim the hair you left in my shower next time you come to Ottawa :) haha. kidding. we threw it out.

I have a love/hate relationship with Toronto. I've been supported heavily in some aspects and left on my own in others. I have no grudge, but I choose not to live there at this point in my life. The people in the city are amazing and the multiculturalism is bar-none the best in North America. But like every big city, 'making it' is hard when thousands of others are doing the same thing.

Atleast when you put a poster in Hamilton, it doesn't come down 5 seconds later, ripped off by someone.

I have a love/hate relationship with Toronto. I've been supported heavily in some aspects and left on my own in others. I have no grudge, but I choose not to live there at this point in my life. The people in the city are amazing and the multiculturalism is bar-none the best in North America. But like every big city, 'making it' is hard when thousands of others are doing the same thing.

Atleast when you put a poster in Hamilton, it doesn't come down 5 seconds later, ripped off by someone.

I know what you mean Shainhouse. I am a die-hard Torontonian. Lived here all my life. Love the city, but hate it's attitude.

It's also really hard to pomote when, like you said you pour money into posters and they're only up for max 1 day, if that. If you pour money into flyers they get lost in the sea of other flyers that litter the streets and cafes. It makes a brother wonder how to get over in the T-DOt.

However if you don't promote in these ways you loose out on spreading the word about your band and/or event, which could hurt your turnout. A real catch 22.

But as they say the last one to give up is the first one to succeed.

"It's tough to be a man baby."

Edited by Guest