Jambands.ca

some Calamitous-Evil good times

Calamity Jane

Well, our last house guest has just left, and to ease our sadness to see you all go, Dave and I are chilling with one final mug of 'tea' and looking at the fence/pics of the whole process.

THE FENCE TURNED OUT STUNNINGLY -- BETTER THAN I COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED.

A huge thanks to all who made the trek out here -- both the far- and nearer-flung.....you have left so many memories for us -- and a wonderful part of yourselves in your artistic endeavours. I so enjoyed our crazy weeknd with y'all!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great times! Thanks for the wonderful party and I must say, the painting theme was a very incredible experience. I was so amazed by the veggie version of Sheppard's pie, and the incredibly nutritiously tastey veganized black bean soup. (Soon to be on www.foodeeze.com!)

here are some fence photos!

I didn't get the final version of the Pineapple man on their gate, or Velvet's completed ... fence on fence.

it was there, but it wasn't part of the set. I had to just move it into the fence party photo set.

I hope everyone decides to sign up on flickr. You can leave notes and comments on the photos. YOu can even draw a little box on certain parts of images and attach funny little notes.

just got in... thanks Mr. Slip for the door-to-door service. What a blast! From the wonderful experience of seeing the creative masterpieces you all painted up yesterday afternoon to hearing them in the music-room jam last night, I feel so awesome about the positive vibes. I guess I should expect nothing less to surround the Scullys wherever they go; such beautiful and groovy hosts.

Bouche & Sharon; I was blown away by your musical wavelength. Each so soulful in your own right. All I wanted to say to you was THANK YOU, and I didn't get around to it :(

And Velvet; holy shit dude! Your songs have been stuck in my head (like cancer) for the entire ride home!!! Thanks so much for the gut-wrenching laughs :) Anyone who paints a fence on a fence is OK in my books.

Phorbse (sp?)... is that your name on here? Anyway, I only wish I'd been a little more coherent to talk to you on the porch when we saw that UFO fly by; I'm pretty sure you've got a million stories that I'd like to hear. Tomfoolery; if it weren't for you, I might not have had that chance to travel to the 17th dimention; a trip I'll not soon forget :)

So great to meet/hang with you lot, and with all the Southern-O (and Montreal!) travellers as well. Thanks so much D&D for hosting us on such an amazing and creative adventure. Congratulations on the wonderful (and spacious!) home that you so deserve :)

Cheers!

i concur...great party guys, thanks so much.

mmmm psychedelic pussy. ;)

i really like this basement jam thing you all seem to have going on over here...good stuff!!!

i wish the calamity mouse house was not so far away! (i am car-less). that was fun.

large marge no worries as i was pretty much unable to speak for the first half of the evening anyway, i understand. i don't think i even ate anything the whole time until this morning! i missed out on the ladies baking treats :P

and so nice to finally meet ms. kaidy mae who is even more awesome than i expected!

thank you for a real good time scullys and everyone! *mwah*

:D

ps. this is my first post from my brand new computer! woohoo :D

Hey all y'all,

My brain is now stuffed back through my ears.

Thanks Bouche for failing so completely in your duties ;-) - it made for really good times, but a really slow Sunday.

Toronto crew - Great to meet you! FUCK YA (with the requisite kick)!!!!

And remember.... We're just friends.

My sleepy head is still swimming from the 4 days of mayhem in Mousegoode and the looooooong drive home. Man, what a GREAT weekend!

Deb & Dave: Thank you guys so much for your awesome hospitality. I don't know if I've ever had a long weekend stuffed with that much good food, giggles and good times. Thanks for everything. Your generosity is astounding. Oh, and Deb, thanks for babysitting my "Let's eat 3 chocolate suckers and hide in the basement" boyfriend. Reading poetry, my ass! :P Oh, and we still have to work out the details for our Llamas & Lingerie Ecotour. LMAO!

Team Ottawa: It was so good to see all of you guys again. I was hesitant to go into the basement out of fear that I'd never get back out! Bouche & Ms. Hux are like freakin' snake charmers. I get stuck! LOL I wish the ladies could've stayed longer and that I got to hang out with Surly Booche more, but alas, next time.

Heather, it was SO nice to meet you. Thanks for your help with the late night attempt at "Psychedelic Pussies". Hahaha. I still can't get the damn things to solidify. :P It was a hoot hanging out with ya!

Velvet, you are quite possibly the only person I know that could be an appropriate stand-in for Surly Booche. ;) Thank you for yelling, screaming, sliding and carrying on like a maniac that you do so well. Really though, it was a pleasure to meet you!

So great to finally meet Jay, Hux & SugarMegs. You guys rock. I'm glad you enjoyed the book Jay. Check out David Sedaris. He's hilarious! I hope I'll get more time to hang out with all of you guys the next time I'm in the area.

Lauren, if you're reading this...HELLO FRIEND! If I'm ever heading to Montreal I'll be sure to let you know. :)

My frantic typing is causing me to get the evil eye here at work (what else is new?), so I'll wrap this up by saying that the fence looks amazing! What a great idea. I honestly never thought it would fly. Thanks to Large Marge for being my partner in crime for the fence door. I still laugh my ass off every time I picture the Scullys arriving home and that being the first thing they see. Dr. Evil Mouse, once the neighbours start to inquire as to the meaning of the dancing pineapple you're going to wish you had've let me paint that glitter crucifix on the gate! ;)

More stories to accompany some photos once they're up on flickr (and once I remember them).

your portal is sweet. i'm glad i have a way to get to the mousehouse fast without hitching...it's a long ride (although very pretty) :)

BWAHAHA! i still laugh so much when i think about how i watched in fear as LM ate a bowl full of psychedelic pussy (which i found out later was black bean soup) LOL! it looked exactly the same. *phew* ;)

Edited by Guest

BWAHAHA! i still laugh so much when i think about how i watched in fear as LM ate a bowl full of psychedelic pussy (which i found out later was black bean soup) LOL! it looked exactly the same. *phew* ;)

I'm glad someone else thought that was chocolate as well. I came inside after a "medicinal" visit to the porch and saw Deb in the kitchen with a giant pot full of brown matter. I forgot all about the black bean soup and had just assumed that she was making a monster batch of chocolate. At first I was shocked. Then I thought it was a pretty good idea (hence me trying to melt more chocolate about 1/2 an hour later). LOL Good thing it was soup. Otherwise I may still be trying to claw my way out of some other dimension.

- :( :( :( sad that I had to miss this fence painting extravaganza - more pics please it looks awesome. BOO. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Dave and Deb hope you're all settled in now - with one super party in the new pad under your belt I do hope to make the next one!

Cheers guys and hope to see you both soon!

returning home today from an errand, we laughed so hard at the 'pineapple eating his/her psychedelic pussy pops' KM & LM painted for us. Must get a pic of that posted soon!

That is the only thing visible to nieghbours as all the rest was done on the inside for our benefit. It's SO funny, that try as they might, no one in Ozgood will ever figure that picture out!!!

And lots of room left still, Carrie & Deeps...I think we only covered about 1/3 of the fence.

An interesting idea we want to suggest, perhaps for our Spring Fence Painting Party, is that people use one single board (about 6 feet by 3 inches) as their canvas for one of their pieces (a la Hux's tongue-deprived snake)