Jambands.ca

Neil Young Rarities Inside

scottieking

Here's the link

Neil Young Rarities 69-74

To my knowledge, this is not like Echoes (8 disc)

Here's your track listings

Neil Young - Rarities

Disc One: 1967-1974

1 Mr. Soul (non-LP-version)

2 Down To The Wire (Buffalo Springfield outtake)

3 If I Could Have Her Tonight (original mix)

4 I’ve Been Waiting For You (original mix)

5 Here We Are In The Years (original mix)

6 What Did You Do To My Life (original mix)

7 Mr. Soul (CSNY: woodstock rehearsal 1969)

8 Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (alternate version)

9 Cinnamon Girl (edit version/different vocal)

10 Down By The River (edit - Australian greatest hits album)

11 Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (KQED TV rehearsal 19-Feb-70)

12 Everybody’s Alone (KQED TV rehearsal 19-Feb-70)

13 Dance Dance Dance (KQED TV rehearsal 19-Feb-70)

14 On The Way Home (KQED TV rehearsal 19-Feb-70)

15 Wonderin’ (KQED TV rehearsal 19-Feb-70)

16 Sugar Mountain (KQED TV rehearsal 19-Feb-70)

17 Birds (non-LP-version)

18 I Believe In You (alternative studio track 1970)

19 Out On The Weekend (rehearsal)

20 War Song (single with Graham Nash)

21 Last Trip To Tulsa (live 18-Feb-73, single b-side)

22 Bad Fog Of Loneliness (Tonight’s the Night acetate)

23 Traces (Tonight’s the Night acetate)

24 Human Highway (CSNY outtake)

25 Pushed It Over The End (live 27-Aug-74, CSNY 12†Italian single)

26 Walk On (DJ mono mix)

And while we are on the subject, whad ya'll think of Praire Wind?

Yes!! Thank you sir!!

Does anybody know what this is all about? Was this an official release any time, or is it a bootleg? Is "Echoes" the box that they announced last week, SK? CAN I ASK ANY MORE QUESTIONS?

Rev,

The "echoes" which Scottieking mentions I'm assuming is this : A Perfect Echo - 1967-2001 which is a fan made compilation.

There are a total of 115 tracks (109 songs, as 6 get repeated). Some years were heavy with available recordings (1976 and 1989 come to mind). I tried to balance the set by not using too many songs from a single show. The entire 8 discs run in, roughly, chronological order.

The above link provided here is disc one of a five disc bootleg collection called 'Rarities - 1967 - 1998'.Too bad buddy only has disc one on his site. :P

I attemtpted to post the pic but it appears it gets resized when I do making it impossible to read,I did find I link though which has all the CD artwork.The first link is to the disc provided in this thread.

RARITIES 1967-98 - back 1/2

Heres the link to the artwork site which I found that at,scroll down and find this "RARITIES (same as ANTHOLOGY) 1967-98, 5CR"

http://www.pinkrobert.net/NeilYoungArtwork.html

Cheers

I don't know if anyone listened to the premiere of "Prairie Wind" on Q107 last week, but they interviewed Neil throughout and the the first installment of the Arhcives are going to start comin out in the new year. By the sounds of it it's going to be be quite a substantial body of work. I can't wait.

mr. king - think you could hook me up with this rarities disc? im still computerless...

and Prairie Wind - i grabbed it the other day (along with the new ryan adams, ween, and jason collett - all solid listens), and i really like the pace of this prairie wind album. i think someone the other week made the greendale comparison, and im likin' this style of music that neil is putting out these days. welcome back harvest moon! for me, it does have a real sunday afternoon in the country feel to it, i like the simplicity in the lyrics and the feelings/ideas they kinda create as they're told. strong album, very calm and collected music to listen to, and im sure it'll get regular airplay in my apartment, for at least the next little while.

I don't know if anyone listened to the premiere of "Prairie Wind" on Q107 last week, but they interviewed Neil throughout and the the first installment of the Arhcives are going to start comin out in the new year. By the sounds of it it's going to be be quite a substantial body of work. I can't wait.

I've been hearing that since I was seventeen. While I hope to jebus it's true, I also won't believe it until I see it.

I hear ya Hamilton, this interview was done in Nashville around the time he premiered Prairie Wind (and shot a documentary on it with Jonathan Demme, which should also be pretty sweet) and it sounded like it was ready to go. One of the reasons for the delay he said was that once DVD's became popular he wanted to include as much info with the music as possible. Sounds like it is going to be a true archive with lot's of info about the tracks, when/where they were preformed, background etc...I have also read Shakey though, so I know how long this has been going on but fingers-crossed anyways.

Edited by Guest
Spell-suckiness