Jambands.ca

Hey Ottawa! Musicians wanted ...

StellaBlue

Hello all,

Been a while since I've logged in!

Anyways I am trying to put a bluegrass(ish) fusion-jamband together and am in desperate need of a violinist and a drummer.

I have a bunch of material that I've written but any crazy creative stuff is welcome.

Also I am not limiting it to "standard" bluegrass instruments so if you play something wierd and well, I'd love to toss it into the mix... hence the term "fusion-jam"

The practice time sacrifice will be about 2 days/ week 1 weekend day and one evening...

Anyone interested please PM me or email me at lfedewicz@msn.com

Cheers!!!

StellarBlues

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

OK just wanted to bring this post back up to the top 'o' the heap..

I know there is someone out there who can fiddle some sweet ol' bluegrass moosik.

And my bassist just moved away ( and i cry..)

So if there is anyone out there in jamcyberpace that lives near enough to downtown Ottawa and wants to come on out and experiment around with some bluegrass-fusion jamming, I am still trying to get some folks together to eventually play some gigs around town. I don't expect a 100% commitment right away... but if you wanna come out just to check it out thats cool too.

As well this is not a strictly BluGrass band but that is just one of the many musical feels I hope to capture for this project. I want to comebine BG with funky 70s beats, jazz riffs, latino salsa ... the works!

As I said I've written a bunch of stuff but I welcome any ideas crazy creative... I play keyboards and cello... and possibly banjo unless I can find some wonderful person to come out and do that...

Influences (other than the obvious GD, Ph etc...):

String Cheese

Bella Fleck

Gillian Welch

Abigail Washburn

Xavier Rudd

Sun Ra

PM me or email! lfedewicz@msn.com

Cheers and Happy Thanks Giving!

StillInBlue

[color:purple]Hey! I'm the designated Ottawa taper! If anybody's going to some demo recording here, it'll be me dagnabbit! Don't make me go West Side Story on your pasty white tapin' butt, can! You stick to your turf, I'll stick to mine, and nobody gets hurt, OK?

(All of which is an antagonistic way of saying that I'd be more than willing to come out and tape your music, logistics and schedule permitting. This offer also applies to other musicians in Ottawa, too.)

Aloha,

Brad

I've been really up on jammin bluegrassy, I had a standup this summer and what a fun and humbling time it was. Can't afford to buy one but L&M has half price month every couple months. Stuck in T.O though but always lookin for some new interesting things to do..........

kinda like this.............an experiment.....

http://diebritney.org/itzkotron/

Edited by Guest

Open invite to anyone interested ( I've spoken to many of you already) to come out and jam...see what the vibe is like... specatate or whatever on either Friday Oct 21, Sat Oct 22 or Sun Oct 23... The date will become more defenite as those interested RSVP...

(CB hope youre still in town...?)

Thanks to ALL you guys for your input interest and suggestions!!!! All you Ottawa folk are highly awesome.

If you are thinking of coming out please PM me for more info!!

StellaNotSoBlue

Lisa