Jambands.ca

Vegoose webcast

headygouda

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dug that ALO set! (I was almost hoping I wouldn't, since I know I missed an awesome show when they played here in Vancouver recently.)

I've heard them called "poppy jammy", and I can see what people mean. I think I prefer to think of them as "entry-level jammy tunes". lol

I'm not a Trey basher (although I think his new album stinks), but I wonder if he realises that the "pop song" world he so desperately wants to break into is a lot less forgiving than the "jam band" world when it comes to hacking your way through the vocals in live shows.

I was out for supper; I just got back a bit before Timmy Tucker, so I didn't catch all of it. What I heard sounded good I thought. I'm a bit braindead today though, looking back I see that I can barely string a sentence together! I need sleep, I think I'm gonna miss the Flaming Lips... :(

I'm not a Trey basher (although I think his new album stinks), but I wonder if he realises that the "pop song" world he so desperately wants to break into is a lot less forgiving than the "jam band" world when it comes to hacking your way through the vocals in live shows.

IMHO I've thought that the "jam band" world is one of the most critical and over-analytical "worlds" out there...maybe a good thing as it keeps the bands on their toes and pushing to reach new heights...luckily I learned to stop over-analizing shows to death and just sit back and dance my ass off at the appropriate moments...

I agree that Trey seems intent on breaking into the "pop song" world as he was hell bent on getting Tchad Blake to engineer and produce "Undermind", Blake having produced some of the best "pop" stuff out there...

Trey Bien evolving to Trey Bashing has definitely become a growing trend but personally there are better things I can spend my time on ;) ...like "Punk Smashing"... :P

Oops...little off-topic I guess...wish I was in Vegas doin' the Vegoose Shuffle ;)