Jambands.ca

for any of you apple geeks

bouche

my iMac G5 has arrived.

It's a whole new world for me. I am having problems copying and pasting, but setting up this thing was ridiculous. I had it out of the box, plugged in, a photo taken of sharon, me and abbey, and on the internet in under 20 minutes.

I may have to get that damn mighty mouse afterall. I can't live without a scroll! I like the bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse though!

I can't get over how slick the interface is. Finding the photo that this machine took in the built in photo booth was a silly breeze. It seems to know where everything is and it presents everything like I'm on one of the more advanced Enterprises on Star Trek!

yay mike & sharon! nice family picture!!

aren't macs awesome? and the G5 looks very cool and sort of industrial. when we got niffer's g4 laptop, it took 10 minutes from out of the box to on the house network & on the interweb...and they want to ditch their chipset and go pc...the bastards!

welcome to the MacWorld, not to be confused with the McWorld...it's a beaut! my roomie has the the G5 (minus the camera) and it's so nice to see that slick thing just whirring away on the desk taking up a 1/4 of the space any PC would...wit the way things are at this point you can get just about every program for Mac you can for the PC, and then some you can' for the converse...so much fun! take it easy and get some sleep...you guys look tired :)

Its all about the Hotkeys brother. Here's a link with some helpers....who needs a righ-click?

http://www.myob.com.hk/support/notes/general/1435.shtml

I hope you other mac owners didn't have as tough a time as I did with the Vegoose stuff over the weekend. Man, it was shitty not being able to check out any of those feeds.

I discovered a bunch of hotkeys last night. I really love the Exposé window management using F9-F12. That link went to hot keys for some accounting software...

I love it, but I haven't downloaded any new widgets yet, but I would like to develop one for a show lookup ;)

That would be very cool...I assume you've been here but here is Apple's widget developer page just in case...way over my head!

Developing Dashboard Widgets

The new Front Row media front end with the remote control is unbelievable as well.

Nice...I hadn't really looked into that, but had to go over to apple.com to check it out...pretty soon TV's and computers (and stereos) will be as one...

Hey have you checked out this program:

Aperture

I have heard (no hands-on at this point), that it is an excellent program for photographers...I think it was you that was into photography??? I always get bouche and booche mixed up :blush:

Anyway, some fellow photographers have used it and really like it...trying to find a copy some where out there to "try" ;)

I can't get over how slick the interface is. Finding the photo that this machine took in the built in photo booth was a silly breeze. It seems to know where everything is and it presents everything like I'm on one of the more advanced Enterprises on Star Trek!

Ummm, then why the look of panic on your face bouche??? ;):P