Jambands.ca

Grand Theft Bus in Exclaim!

shainhouse

You are the greatest person ever. Your moral superiority is the light by which we should guide our lives. May all those in your presence, bask in the glow of such noble intentions.

Can't you bitches debate without lowering yourselves to this level?

I can accept the heavy handed comments but this bullshit rhetoric, lack of inevestigation into one another's POVs and the absent pursuit of even a nominal amount of enlightenment is tiring and speaks to stunted mental growth.

Grow up.

PS I AM THE BEST!!!!

hehe

deranger - you can be my eugoogle-izer at my funeral, thank you for the kind words

deeps - i love a good debate as much as the next guy. it can't start on the basis that everyone who likes a certain (stupidly)-labelled 'genre' of music is a snob though. I, many of my friends, and many other people do happen to like music that would fall into the 'indie' stream of things. They / we / I realise that the points deranger is making simply aren't true. I guess he's had a few experiences with people who he can easily categorise into the 'indie-music-snob' area. But I just don't accept his argument. I guess that makes me a bitch.

I'd love to debate it in person sometime, or introduce you to some people that could dispel the myths in your head, deranger. But I'm not gonna post in this thread anymore (I hope). Too counter-productive.

I still really like Grand Theft Bus. Good article Shain. :)

AD

first off...Nice article Shain!

second...

my friend Randy from work is a great example. He's into the indie scene BIG time. Now that he's got a taste of GTB, BnB, The Slip, he goes to all of those shows. We're always talking about how fine of a line it is between the interests of the 2 crowds.

There's no way you can generalize snobs anywhere, because they ARE everywhere. Just find the non-snobbies and hang with them.

Exclaim! is pretty jam friendly, truth be told. There have always been a few people writing about stuff on there, but there's not really fans in the editorial department. Actually, one editor is really into it, but most aren't.

The thing you have to remember about the magazine is, they don't assign articles for the most part. Their contributors pitch stuff and then the editorial dept decides what to actually say yes and no to. I have had loads of jam related stuff turned down over the past 10 years...