Jambands.ca

Phish in Toronto?

NewRider

I noticed this on walfredo.com this week:

"A cousin of mine works up in Toronto for Universal Music. Apparently Phish have inquired about getting 1 and possibly 2 dates blocked off in mid July for Molson Amphitheater. Dunno the dates but they are dependant on the routing of the tour."

Whats stupid about this rumor is Universal Music hasn't existed for about half a decade now, they were bought out a long time ago. Perhaps he meant to say House of Blues though.

i really hope phish does come back to molson,, they shoudll start doing 2 dates up here, maybe copps, or acc, or molson park in barrie,, that place is big enough eh?

last time my luck was very strange at the ampitheatre, got arrested, then countered that with first row to phish

maybe they got the idea,, ive sent them about 30 emails grovelling for canadian dates [Wink]

They will NEVER play 2 days at Molson. They have never even sold out the place. Should be the easiest ticket to get on summer tour!

I think the reason they do not come here in the winter to play an arena is that the tour rats will not make the trek up here. I would love to see them play a nice indoor venue here, but I am afraid it ain't gonna happen.

I think there is a real negative stigma about crossing the border to see Phish. These American's are so afraid they will be sent to jail. I guess if people will go to Cincinnati in the dead of winter for two nights there is no reason why they shouldn't come to Toronto in the summer.

To be fair to the Americans, from the horror stories I've read on the Philzone message board about last years Toronto show and from friends experiences crossing Canadian customs aren't friendly. I'm a Canadian and I get stopped by Canadain Customs 75% of the time I come back home and a lot of the time they are very rude. American Customs rarely ever pulls me over and when they do they are quick and reasonably polite about it.

If I were living down there I wouldn't cross the border just to get hassled when the rest of the tour is right there.

I hear ya New Rider. I have only been stopped once going into the US, it was relatively quick and they were pretty polite.

On the contrary I have been stopped twice at the Canadian border. Both times were very scarey! The border guards are very intimidating and RUDE!!! One time was a big strip search, two and a half hour ordeal. The other was not quite so intimate but frightening none the less.

Now if this happens to Canadians, picture what Americans go through.

That being said I would absolutely love Phish to come and play two Toronto dates (Molson would be sweet). It is going to be awsome to not have hassles at the border and battles for tickets. Can't wait!

whenever i go over teh border in a car its no problems, i am a dual citizen of both countries but ive never been asked for ID in a car,,, but when i went to sci at darien in july,, i went on a bus,, went thru immigration, and they tried to deport me cuz of an old crim. record. I spent about 2 hrs in immigration proving to them that i was a US citizen, finally they called my merican mother, hassles galore,, but it turned out all good,, they cant not let me in.

every time is different but out of a dozen or so crossings this summer i got hassled one time, and even then,, they deported me before the luggage check,, i could have had uzis in my backpack

Speaking as someone who lived and went to school in Windsor for 4 years believe me folks, it is much easier to get into canada than it is to get to the US. I used to cross about once a week on average to go to all sorts of events, restaurants, stores etc..... Perhaps your srcuffy nature is what causes the hassels NewRider.

I went to Buffalo today with no worries whatsoever.

I've probably crossed 80 times and been search 5 times. Only 1 strip search and the border girls were hot, so it wasn't all that bad. It was extremely cold in the room they send you too though---

Phish in Toronto would be nice...

I like this one, new on www.walfredo.com - not always the most reliable of rumour mills but I take glimmers of hope where I can find them!

01/30/03

"My sister applied for a marketing position with Molson Entertainment last week. In casual discussion the interviewers ask if she had been to the amphitheater in Toronto. She said she had seen Phish there. One interviewer laughed and said maybe she would have backstage passes to Phish this summer if she got the job. Mid July."

--sent to walfredo by deeve runawee

Archived