Jambands.ca

Where to get used guitar - Tdot

Large Marge

hEY y'ALL,

I would reccomend you check out Songbird music on Queen St. West (near the gypsy) for decent used instruments. Other than that I suggest you check out Long & McQuaid on Bloor St. just west of Ossington. They have a huge selectionof new and used instruments.

If you go there talk to Doug Giffin in the guitar department. He's a friend of mine a Deadhead. He'll hook you up right..tell him Josh sent you.

Good luck girls.

at Vic Park & Kingston Road?

that's my hood

any deals on drum lessons?

I'll give you drum lessons. But first you have to sit idley by while I learn how to play.

Okay fine, I really just want to play your drums.

I really want to learn something.

New Years Resolution: Every Skank learns to play an instrument.

Tuesday Night Open Skank Jams coming by to a venue near you Summer 2006.

$200 - $400 will get you a good instrument. (Yamaha is a good brand to look for, IMO. My first guitar was a Yamaha FG-110 acoustic.) I'd also avoid nylon string (aka "classical") guitars, especially if you plan on moving on to an electric at some point.

If you're going to a shop, see if you can bring a more experienced player/friend with you, who can look for things you might miss when evaluating an instrument.

If you have a choice between, say, a $250 guitar, and a $350 guitar, and they're both playable instruments, go cheaper, and devote the saved money to things like lessons, instruction books/videos, etc. What you're really doing is investing in the enjoyment of playing, part of which is the instrument, but the other big part is gaining the ability to play, which requires some outlay of cash.

Aloha,

Brad

The best solid wood top and back guitars produced at an affordable price are Seagull and/or Norman. Cheapo Yamaha's are made in Taiwan and will not have a solid wood back or sides. Solid wood guitars are important for overall volume, warmth, tone - i.e. quality of the guitar's sound.

I got my first acoustic two years ago and love it. I paid 200 new for it at a long and mcquade. Its an art & luthier. Its made by the same company as seagull and norman but usually cheaper. I just bought some elixer strings and it sounds and plays like a much more expensive guitar then it is, in my opinion.

Cheers,

Jake

I would recommend using the supper shopper. If I still lived in the simcoe area I would probably have bought everything I own from there!! If you find a geet, you can make sure with your musically inclined friends that it is a decent deal. You may be able to get a very good quality guitar for the same price as a new poorer quality. Also I would check pawn shops and used stores. Well I would, i'm kind of cheap.

Good Luck Marge!!

http://www.supershopper.com/onsale.asp