Jambands.ca

Breaking News: Thornton Traded!

Jaimoe

The Bruins management can go fuck themselves.

Pierre MacGuire was furious about this trade a few minutes ago on TSN. He said it was a terrible trade for the Bruins. I like all the players involved, but this is awful news in Bruin land. The Sharks are looking great down the middle.

Guest Low Roller

Big move indeed!

I thought that Thornton was going to be a franchise player, ala Ray Bourque, and play the majority of his career in Boston.

I guess Boston realized they were ten points behind THE SABRES and thought it was time to shake things up.

Guest Low Roller

Apparently he was out to dinner with his parents in a Boston restaurant when he got the call. His parents were down from Canada to watch him play against the Sens...

The old adage goes, "The team that's gets the best player always wins the deal." Like there's even a question with this one.

The Sharks and Bruins are both major disappointments this season. Sturm and Stuart are both quality, young players, Primeau is a decent utility role guy. But how does trading your number 1 center (and only "superstar") improve a floundering team? 25 games in and they've already given up?

Great acquisition by the Sharks. Goaltending has been their biggest problem so far, I wouldn't be surprised if they turn it around become a contender again. 9 points out of a playoff spot with 58 games remaining...

Good question badams. You have to assume they were only looking at Western Conference teams to make a deal with. But why wouldn't the Bruins be looking for highly touted prospects as opposed to underachievers? Strange deal to say the least.