Jambands.ca

Ladies what's the deal with the furry boots?!

The Chameleon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a woman at the bus stop being bitten about the shins by two small furry animals so I tackled her in an attempt to eat the beasties before they could eat her. It wasn't until I awoke in the back of a patrol car that I realized my mistake.

I'm reading that in a weird, stream-of-consciousness, white-boy dub poetry kind of way, with some tripped out beats going on behind it...

Aloha,

Brad

me...not a fan of the all over fur boots..frigging ridiculous..especially when all white..so dumb with all the salt and sand. I think if they got wet they would look like a drowned animal. I do sorta like the other ones because I like real mukluks but the fact that everyone wears them completely turns me off. I think alot of them are made to look warm, when in fact not many of them are even lined so it is purely for fashion and not for warmth.

It really bugs me though....i got these killer knee-high moccasins about 3 or so years ago and then all these things became popular so i don't like to wear them too much anymore...i hate it when that happens.

Does anyone know where you can get good tallish mukluks with the super durable crepe soles??

I hear that part of it, onthejourney. I used to get called 'fag' in Kitchener/Waterloo for wearing the same type of jacket that *every* guy seems to wear in Ottawa (and presumably elsewhere) in the winter these days. I used to point out that many women seemed to love it ... just took the insecure boys half a decade to figure that out, I guess. It is less fun wearing something when every single other person is doing the same. (plus, mine got liquid latex spilled on it, which is a long story)

Don't know a thing about mukluks, though. Sorry. :(

A) those boots were around in the 70's

how do i know? my older sister had a pair

leg warmers, same thing

it's just reviving old styles

i see woman with 60's style beehive hairdo's and fake eyelashes around the city too

i like the adds on all the subways right now

"leader/follower

if we all thought the same, nothing would change"

if you dig the boots wear them

B) it's not nice to laugh at people

C) i love Alexis and her posts

D)

So much so, that now gay dudes are in on the action! God help us.

i'm not wearing them. but i am growing tired of the gay jokes

dear chameleon,

i see that you haven't seen my letter...i hope there is nothing wrong with your eyesight. i don't think glasses would quite go with your look.

life here in the petty world of girldom is ok. there sure are a bunch of annoying lemmings wandering around aimlessly in their hideous fuzzy boots. thank god everything is flowers and butterflies here or those things would get dirty!

speaking of trendy...sometimes, there really is thought behind it. Take for example, button down shirts and the aforementioned blazer. is there anything wrong with a chick diggin a man who looks quasi professional? that look oozes "i may not want you just for one night" sex appeal. although ironicly, those are just the type of boys to sport the look.

please don't think i wasn't diggin on your duds earlier...i've seen the pics, and even once in person...that hat you have, well, it's tremendous. but just because everyone else doesn't have a unique sense of fashion like you, or chooses to wear their heart and who they are literally as sleeves doesn't mean they aren't good people mang. where's the love?

keep on truckin!

Alexis

he he he! I think those boots are really hideous! I really don't like 'ugg' boots either. In Korea those boots aren't popular (yet) but I'm sure they will be soon! Cowboy boots are however, popular here :D Korean women also like to wear very short skirts with knee socks. how they do it I really don't know....

On another note, Femininity... hmmm. I like to think it'd defined by each woman because every woman has their own version of it, even if they all dress the same. I think feminity may include a woman's style but there's more to it then that! (read phemonal woman by maya angelou) Unfortunatly, I think that culture has taken feminity and twisted to become a mono culture of furry boot wearing trend setting women!

-Sarah

When I think Jambands I think happy, when I think jambands, there's definately a place for those funky boots.

When I think Jambands.ca, I think... tough crowd.

Usually what you don't like about someone else is what you don't like about yourself. Maybe I'm being tough on the board, but seriously, outside of a few jems, where has all the fun gone that doesn't come at the expense of someone else?

Sorry, I'm a little down, so if this is way off, just disregard.

~W

must comment - while I'm not particularly a fan of the fuzzy boots or the uggs, cheers to those who pick them instead of heels that kill and you have to train yourself to wear in the name of beauty. I haven't jumped on that band wagon yet but I did jump on the band wagon with the other ladies who wear the bowling shoe type shoes and boots...and no I wasn't the first to wear them so I am a follower in that sense I guess.

- almost everyone including you chameleon has some sort of trendy thing about them they decide to wear or do to themselves because they like it.

- dreads are in my opinon 'trendy' in some circles are they not? also when you wrap them around in big nubs on the side of your head that's cool and i haven't seen anyone else do that but what if some ladies jumped on board and went on and on about how hideous it looks and when they see you they laugh and wouldn't give you the time of day because of it...I'm just saying! That is not my opinion i'm just speaking hypothetically. (and please don't take offense I don't want that to sound like I'm bashing you I'm just making a point)

and what if it caught on and everyone around with dreads did the same thing...are they wrong for doing something they think is cool that they saw.

- do you not get yourself ready in some way before heading out the door...you must buy shirts or shoes or something....everywhere we buy clothes - the style comes from somewhere.

So I guess another point worth mentioning is you see a girl with these boots and you think you can judge their character based on that....I would hope that the next unsuspecting fool that I meet doesn't judge me or assume to know anything about me based on the shoes I wear....

I'm sure there are lots of superficial bitches wearing these boots but I'd put any money that there are just as many bang on awesome ladies wearing them as well.

But I'm sure you didn't mean for this post to come off the way it did - hopefully you just wanted to see what the attraction was and you'll re-think the look the other way policy you've developed...just incase - because you may miss out on a fantastic girl worth spending time with, getting to know or hanging out with.

I take this and all other bashing type things with a grain of salt because everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I jsut wanted to share mine.

smoothedshredder... ps I think you look hot in a blazer...you are not way off everyone has an opinion for or against something...

Cowboy - well said

Alexis I heart you and your letters I hope someday I get a letter.

my mamma allways told me not to judge a book by its cover.

I'm pretty sure that for the 'most' part she nailed that one pretty good.

ha..though the one armed stuff really messed me...so off kilter...dizzy spells...kidding i could care less really. :P

as for pink..pink aint so bad...I began (much to my suprise) appreciating pink a number of years ago...though its funny because I feel the need to explain i'm not traditionally a pink person when i mention thjis...funny,stupid.

Edited by Guest

One of my favourite quotations: "Sometimes I have to judge a book by its cover: I don't have the time to read them all."

This alternate viewpoint is brought to you by QuotEm, a proud member of the BradCorp Family of Companies.

Aloha,

Brad

I'm pretty sure that for the 'most' part she nailed that one pretty good.

ha..though the one armed stuff really messed me...so off kilter...dizzy spells...kidding i could care less really. :P

as for pink..pink aint so bad...I began (much to my suprise) appreciating pink a number of years ago...though its funny because I feel the need to explain i'm not traditionally a pink person when i mention thjis...funny,stupid.

one armed stuff??? did I miss something...?

must comment - while I'm not particularly a fan of the fuzzy boots or the uggs, cheers to those who pick them instead of heels that kill and you have to train yourself to wear in the name of beauty. I haven't jumped on that band wagon yet but I did jump on the band wagon with the other ladies who wear the bowling shoe type shoes and boots...and no I wasn't the first to wear them so I am a follower in that sense I guess.

- almost everyone including you chameleon has some sort of trendy thing about them they decide to wear or do to themselves because they like it.

- dreads are in my opinon 'trendy' in some circles are they not? also when you wrap them around in big nubs on the side of your head that's cool and i haven't seen anyone else do that but what if some ladies jumped on board and went on and on about how hideous it looks and when they see you they laugh and wouldn't give you the time of day because of it...I'm just saying! That is not my opinion i'm just speaking hypothetically. (and please don't take offense I don't want that to sound like I'm bashing you I'm just making a point)

and what if it caught on and everyone around with dreads did the same thing...are they wrong for doing something they think is cool that they saw.

- do you not get yourself ready in some way before heading out the door...you must buy shirts or shoes or something....everywhere we buy clothes - the style comes from somewhere.

So I guess another point worth mentioning is you see a girl with these boots and you think you can judge their character based on that....I would hope that the next unsuspecting fool that I meet doesn't judge me or assume to know anything about me based on the shoes I wear....

I'm sure there are lots of superficial bitches wearing these boots but I'd put any money that there are just as many bang on awesome ladies wearing them as well.

But I'm sure you didn't mean for this post to come off the way it did - hopefully you just wanted to see what the attraction was and you'll re-think the look the other way policy you've developed...just incase - because you may miss out on a fantastic girl worth spending time with, getting to know or hanging out with.

I take this and all other bashing type things with a grain of salt because everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I jsut wanted to share mine.

smoothedshredder... ps I think you look hot in a blazer...you are not way off everyone has an opinion for or against something...

Cowboy - well said

Alexis I heart you and your letters I hope someday I get a letter.

Thanks. That really sums it up for me. Thorough, kind, and even a backhanded compliment that made my ego tingle :)

I'm all with you with a your grain of salt mantra, but too much salt is bad for you. And there some shite (actually all shit) that even salt couldn't make palatable.

Anyways, I usually kind a neutral on things, especailly of the fashion nature. But I'll admit when I look at the boots, they make me smile. And I imagine how hard they are to clean, and I'm glad I don't have a pair to deal with, or I don't have (what is currently my imaginary) girlfriend coming home tracking in all the dirt and salt. And I imagine small animals attacking them on the street, which I saw once and really made me laugh. That's the positives....

Negatives: Seems really disposable, like you have them for a year and there gone. I'm from the school that clothing should last a long time (especially an item like a winter boot), so if those who are getting these boots, and then just throwing them out in a year because they get so dirty, then I've got a problem with it... too plastic, too disposible... but I really don't know... the more I think about it, the more I suspect this is true, cause I've seen alot of them at one time (more last year), and I haven't really seen them yet this year, but maybe it's early. Too much thinking along the lines of moral fashion logical atomism for no caffinee...

please excuese me.

~W

must comment - while I'm not particularly a fan of the fuzzy boots or the uggs' date=' cheers to those who pick them instead of heels that kill and you have to train yourself to wear in the name of beauty. I haven't jumped on that band wagon yet but I did jump on the band wagon with the other ladies who wear the bowling shoe type shoes and boots...and no I wasn't the first to wear them so I am a follower in that sense I guess.

Cowboy - well said

Alexis I heart you and your letters I hope someday I get a letter.[/quote']

Thanks. That really sums it up for me. Thorough, kind, and even a backhanded compliment that made my ego tingle :)

I'm all with you with a your grain of salt mantra, but too much salt is bad for you. And there some shite (actually all shit) that even salt couldn't make palatable.

Anyways, I usually kind a neutral on things, especailly of the fashion nature. But I'll admit when I look at the boots, they make me smile. And I imagine how hard they are to clean, and I'm glad I don't have a pair to deal with, or I don't have (what is currently my imaginary) girlfriend coming home tracking in all the dirt and salt. And I imagine small animals attacking them on the street, which I saw once and really made me laugh. That's the positives....

Negatives: Seems really disposable, like you have them for a year and there gone. I'm from the school that clothing should last a long time (especially an item like a winter boot), so if those who are getting these boots, and then just throwing them out in a year because they get so dirty, then I've got a problem with it... too plastic, too disposible... but I really don't know... the more I think about it, the more I suspect this is true, cause I've seen alot of them at one time (more last year), and I haven't really seen them yet this year, but maybe it's early. Too much thinking along the lines of moral fashion logical atomism for no caffinee...

please excuese me.

~W

Whoa Whoa...ease up there hoss'....Slow down the train"

[color:blue]First Off, I apologize to all the Furry Booots, Furry Booted Women, Blazers & Blazerities I have hurt as a part of this here post! :)

And secondly, It's all jokes with me ont his board. I take nothing too seriously or personally on this post and hope you guys don't either. I'ver met many of you and you all rock.

And yes you are right you can't judge a book by it's cover, if that was the case I'd porbably freak people out daily with my post- apocalyptic-pierced-knotty side of the head-dread style (since '95 Yo!) Which is pretty much what happens, anyways.

Livingstoned is also right I'm far too bitter. Perhaps it comes from growing up and living in the city too long and too much dark drum & bass :(

[color:blue][color:red]P.S. SMOOTHED SHREDDAR DEFINANTLY GETS A PASS ON ANY OF MY BLAZER REMARKS. WIL ROCKS A BLAZER LIKE NO MAN AS HE IS A DISTINGUISED SEXY BEAST AND DRIVES THE WOMEN WILD. I BOW MY PHAT PANT, BIZARRE HAT, STYLIN" WAYS TO HIM!

Peace bitches! (not in the mysoganistic way but the were all bitches Dave Chapelle way):):):):) I'll try to be less of hater and more of a playa'

Edited by Guest

must comment - while I'm not particularly a fan of the fuzzy boots or the uggs' date=' cheers to those who pick them instead of heels that kill and you have to train yourself to wear in the name of beauty. I haven't jumped on that band wagon yet but I did jump on the band wagon with the other ladies who wear the bowling shoe type shoes and boots...and no I wasn't the first to wear them so I am a follower in that sense I guess.

Cowboy - well said

Alexis I heart you and your letters I hope someday I get a letter.[/quote']

please excuese me.

~W

Whoa Whoa...ease up therte hoss'....Slow down the train"

[color:blue]First Off, I apologize to all the Furry Booots, Furry Booted Women, Blazers & Blazerities I have hurt as a part of this here post! :)

And secondly, It's all jokes with me ont his board. I take nothing too seriously or personally on this post and hope you guys don't either. I'ver met many of you and you all rock.

And yes you are right you can't judge a book by it's cover, if that was the case I porbably freak people out daily with my post apocalyptic-pierced-knotty side of the head-dread(since '95 Yo!) style which is pretty much what happens.

Livingstoned is also right I'm far too bitter. Perhaps it comes from growing up and living in the city too long and too much dark drum & bass :(

[color:blue][color:red]P.S. SMOOTHED SHREDDAR DEFINANTLY GETS A PASS ON ANY OF MY BLAZER REMARKS. WIL ROCKS A BLAZER LIKE NO MAN AS HE IS A DISTINGUISED SEXY BEAST AND DRIVES THE WOMEN WILD. I BOW MY PHAT PANT, BIZARRE HAT, STYLIN" WAYS TO HIM!

Peace bitches! (not in the mysoganistic way but the were all bitches Dave Chapelle way):):):):) I'll try to be less of ahter and more of a playa'

hahaha...you rock :) cheers.

Peace Bitch ;)

ps I don't do spell check or pay attention to punctuation, grammar etc...and I don't care sorry to anyone who does... ;)

and chameleon - I don't think you're bitter just may miss out on a nice piece of action because she may have a furry creature attached to her foot. Now if she had furry boots, a one armed shirt, fake eyelashes, prada purse and a downfilled balmer jacket with furry hood oh and a minuture dog in her purse and says "THAT's HOT" all the time...well that's another story :)

I agree. But make no mistake I'm fairly bitter, although I'm a recovering bittereralholic, on the wagon so to speak. But it's so is to slip and get bitter again.

Maybe one day I'll be like thsee people who can be bitter responsible. You know just a social thing and on the weekends.

Until then I'm on the 12 step.

Edited by Guest