Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Mr.SS @ College Street Bar (Toronto) 12/22

bradm

I had a message from Mr. Slippery about this... I totally spaced. Fak! After missing BradM on Monday, I don't want to do it again!!! I'm going to do what I can to get out of/alter my evening plans to include this. It'll be good to see you too Alexis... nice to see you coming down to the T-dot more often lately :)

Hmmm, let's see...didn't a certain Large Marge give me a hard time for not shouting out a Roll Call yet no mention of a certain C-o-P...may you find a lump'o'coal in yer stocking LM :P;)

hmmm... BradM in toronto... Mr Something Something

hmmm

By "hmmm" I assume you mean "Holy Mother of Magical Music!", which means you'll be there?

Blane, I plan on taping this (SP-BMC3 > SP-SPSB1 > Nomad), so I'll be there about 9pm to get set up. I hope you can make it out.

Aloha,

Brad

Well, kinda grinnin' like the town fool as I headed off to see Mr. SS last night with a friend and when we arrived at The Gypsy Co-op there was only a DJ spinning and no band...

So off we went elsewhere in search of Christmas cheer...

Guess I shoulda made it to the right bar :P but the doobie sure was good that we puffed on the way to the show ;)

I think that was the best Mr.SS show I've ever seen. It was also interesting to see them in such a small, intimate, almost cramped venue. There wasn't a stage; the band set up at one end of the bar, and led some raucous festivities to the seriously dancing people (including Large Marge, afro poppa, Mr. Slippery, jaydawg, and, I'm sure, a couple of other Skanks) who were there.

I think the recording came out pretty well, and I'm hoping to get it uploaded once I get back to Ottawa.

Aloha,

Brad

haha...i heard you got way drunk and didn't make it shainers. too bad...you missed a muddy show, expensive drinks and a ridiculously packed bar with a "oh my god i haven't seen you since graduation! first year is so greeeeeat" vibe.

i love mr something something, but that venue is horrible to see them in lately. and they need another trumpet player.

edit to add: nice to see you out afroman....i've seen you at a bunch of shows. good on you for being the ONLY person shakin it at xavier rudd at the pheonix. standing on the balcony at that show, your fro was the only thing i saw movin. think i was crushed up against you at the rudd horseshoe show too.

Edited by Guest

edit to add: nice to see you out afroman....i've seen you at a bunch of shows. good on you for being the ONLY person shakin it at xavier rudd at the pheonix. standing on the balcony at that show, your fro was the only thing i saw movin. think i was crushed up against you at the rudd horseshoe show too.

Xavier Rudd at the Pheonix was a great, high energy show...how can you not dance???

yeah don't ask me. we were dancing upstairs...where there was access to drinks and less squished up against strangersness.

a couple of my friends actually elbowed their way to the front and some chicks told one he was too tall and them both to stop dancing. stupid tweeny boppers.