Jambands.ca

jambands.ca FUNdraiser show Sat. Jan. 28 Kitchener

mark tonin

[blurb]

75793435_97329ccc70_o.jpg

I really hope that everybody does their best to make it out to this show, to support the web site, and because it’s going to be an awesome event! Come on out and have some fun while raising some funds.

Jambands.ca FUNdraiser

Sat. Jan. 28, 2006

The Lancaster Tavern (“The Lancâ€)

574 Lancaster Street West, Kitchener, 519-743-4331

two stages / two floors

Downstairs:

8:00 - 9:30 Harvard Mouse

9:30 - 10:00 Organic Groove performance

10:00 - 10:45 High Plains Drifter

10:45 - 11:15 drum circle led by Organic Groove

11:15 - 12:45 Diesel Dog

12:45 - 1:15 drum circle led by Organic Groove

1:15 - end Superfly

Upstairs:

10:00 - 11:15 What The Thunder Said

midnight - end (2 sets) Fat Cats

show starts at 8 p.m. 19 +

$12 in advance / $15 at the door

[/blurb]

Thanks to Sherwood Systems for donating a bunch of gear for this event, and to Tungsten Gruvsten for helping out in a big way with sound and lighting.

“For years jambands.ca has been a meeting spot first for hundreds, and now thousands of like-minded souls. Online we commune together through music, sharing, friendship, and good times and we intend to keep doing so. [/blurb] Merely by participating online the community expands and strengthens, friendships solidify and we're all better for it. This fundraiser is no different. Just arrive and enjoy the incredible spirit of our community and you will be supporting it.â€

TICKET LOCATIONS:

The Lancaster Tavern

574 Lancaster Street West, Kitchener

519-743-4331

Shakedown Street

109 King Street West, Kitchener

519-570-0440

The Beat Goes On

23 Wellington Road East, Guelph

519-823-5341

Shady Grove

592 Upper Wellington Street, Hamilton

905-383-2533

DIRECTIONS:

Directions to The Lanc from Toronto and the East:

- Highway 401 West

- exit onto Highway 8 to Kitchener/Waterloo

- exit onto Highway 85 to Waterloo

- take the Bridgeport Road exit and at the stop sign turn left onto Bridgeport Road

- turn left at the lights onto Lancaster Street

- look for The Lancaster Tavern ("The Lanc") on the right … there is a boat docked in the air … you'll see it!

- park your vehicle, come into The Lanc through the side door, and start partying!

Directions from the West:

(Note: I don’t usually go this way but I think these directions work best from the West. Could someone please correct these if they are wrong!)

- Highway 401 East

- get off at Highway 8 to Kitchener

- this puts you on sort of a city street but don't worry

- follow this road until you come to Maple Grove Road (you will see McDonald’s and Pioneer Sports World to the right) and turn right

- go under the bridge and then turn left onto Highway 8 to Kitchener/Waterloo

- exit onto Highway 85 to Waterloo

- take the Bridgeport Road exit and at the stop sign turn left onto Bridgeport Road

- turn left at the lights onto Lancaster Street

- look for The Lancaster Tavern ("The Lanc") on the right … there is a boat docked in the air … you'll see it!

- park your vehicle, come into The Lanc through the side door, and start partying!

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be a way to split my molecules into 2 so that I can be in two places at once.

It's called dismemberment.

And hey. If you're not going to show why the fuck should any of the money go to you? Backbacon could finish his hormone shots and Tonin could get a clue with all that cash.

There must be a way to split my molecules into 2 so that I can be in two places at once.

And hey. If you're not going to show why the fuck should any of the money go to you? Backbacon could finish his hormone shots and Tonin could get a clue with all that cash.

Hey watch your tongue there young man!!

count me in, I will let all the Niagara peoples know---been quite sometime since I got my groove on at the Lanc...

Would love to see you and some kind people from the Niagara region there ... it's been a while! If on your way to the show you pass a big ugly guy dressed in black, pull over and tell him to walk faster. ;):)

It's a drag that the date that worked well on this end didn't work out for bouche, but it's always tough to pick a date that works for everyone. I'll make sure that there is a picture of bouche at the show, and I'll stop Lazlo from using it to blow his nose or as toilet paper. ;):)

So far the following people have tickets to sell: tonin, backbacon, Schwa, tigger, and Large Marge, with more to follow. There will also be tickets available at a few locations ... more information about that to be posted soon.

Peace, Mark

tape it all sissy pants!

There's only one of me, but at least four tapable bands and two floors. If two tapable bands are playing, one upstairs, one downstairs, at the same time, short of running cables between the floors and mixing them together, I won't be able to record both. (It's actually a longshot that I even make it to the show, so I strongly encourage anybody with gear and experience/inkling to do some recording at this.)

Aloha,

Brad

Well bradm, with the way it stands right now (4 listed bands playing), only one band will playing at a time. There will be sufficient time between bands to get set up on the other floor. You can even get some great drum jams on tape too.

Sounds like a challenge to me... come on down!!

Hey watch your tongue there young man!!

Why? Is it doing tricks you old bat.

Keri and I are still working out the logistics of the two stages, and whether or not there will be overlapping performances. A lot depends on how ticket sales go ... we're hoping that enough people come out so we can have both floors cookin' at the same time! Having said that, we'll publish a specific schedule as we get closer to the event.

Schwa, call me if you need more tickets.

Bradm, it would be awesome to have you come out for this show, and to help out by doing some taping. Tungsten Gruvsten is on board to help out with sound, and I'll be meeting with him soon re: sound and recording options. And hopefully some cool lighting as well.

SugarMegs, hope you can make it from Ottawa!

Simone, hope you can make it from California!

MarcO, it would be a treat to see you, but please keep your hairy friends covered. :) Including Lazlo. :)

Mister Slippery, thanks for your willingness to make the journey down the 401!

"Bouche-cam" ... Dr. Evil, first you start playing guitar with him, and now you're talking bouche's language! ;):)

Nat and Alexis, would love to have both of your kind souls and dancing bodies at the show.

Peace, Mark