Jambands.ca

jambands.ca FUNdraiser show Sat. Jan. 28 Kitchener

mark tonin

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i might just have to go prom dress shopping for this occasion!

Hmmmm Livingstoned picked up a sweet number in O-town and Calamity Jane's and Alexis have got entire tickle-trunks... prom-style fashion show perhaps?

WIll there be tickets left when I make my triumphant return to K-W? I should be back by the 22nd...

I've got your heady ticket One; Schwa and I can spin the bottle for the sale, pre-Keller ;)

Mama Pink will you be at the show next week???? Hoping to see you very soon! Like before Feb.18th...that's too far away :)

It's really up in the air, Livingstoned - I probably won't know until the night comes. Here's hopin'! ....the 18th IS too far away! I can't WAIT until that night, gonna be gooooooood times ;)

the grand hotel is just down from the lanc. :) they have strippers AND cockroaches.

for real, i would suggest the one on weber st. (i think its a quality inn, or days inn.. or something), attached to a golden griddle restaurant. its close, reasonable, and breakfast is available 24hrs, just outside your door.

the address of golden griddle is 190 weber st n, (519) 885-5123

they could probably tell you the name of the hotel.

Anybody got any hotel ideas in KW?

in addition to mr tonin's suggestion, for the more adventurous folks, there are many mostly adequate and reasonably priced hotels on victoria street in kitchener.

no warranty, imlied or implicit, is conferred in the preceeding suggestion. actual hotel quality may vary.

A good suggestion Tim. When I think about it, if you take Highway 7 from Guelph to Kitchener, Highway 7 turns into Victoria Street. There are lots of small, mom-and-pop motels on Highway 7/Victoria Street, right around Bingeman Park.

It's easy to get to the Lanc from there. Just continue down Victoria Street, turn right onto Lancaster St., and keep going until you see the Lanc on the right hand side. You can't miss it, as there is a boat docked in the air.

I'm guessing that these hotels/motels would be approx. 4 to 5 miles from the venue.

Peace, Mark

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Looking forward to more time in KW in the next bit, seems like a fun scene and we'd like to help out where we can.

Actually we're playing on the U of W campus this Thursday @ the Grad House if you're interested. We're opening for a Guelph band called the Speakeasies. They're more of an indie thing and we'll be a 3 piece due to our KB player being out of town. it'll be different, but good. PM me if you care to attend.

Thanks again for the hotel info ... see you on the 28th!

Deeps

Edited by Guest

The Chatham bands name is "Superfly" and the line-up is

Justin McMath aka "The Juice" - Bass and Bottom

Steve "Papa Doc" Ormerod - Drums and Percussives

Steve "Kid Dynamite" Walker - Guitar and Dark Shadings

Nick "Tricky Nicky" Novasad - Keys and Debauchery

These guys are gonna tear the roof off, sucka!

Hey-Ho.....

Looks like I'm gonna be playing at this here fundraiser! I will be lending my funkjazztastic guitar noodle-styling to Highplains Drifter.

As y'all know High Plains Drifter is Jay Cleary's vehicle and the line up changes around frequently. Well in this incantation I'll be playing electric guitar. Can't wait. Glad to be a part of this jam.

Edited by Guest

The Chatham bands name is "Superfly" and the line-up is

Justin McMath aka "The Juice" - Bass and Bottom

Steve "Papa Doc" Ormerod - Drums and Percussives

Steve "Kid Dynamite" Walker - Guitar and Dark Shadings

Nick "Tricky Nicky" Novasad - Keys and Debauchery

These guys are gonna tear the roof off, sucka!

Hey there moondogg! Sweet nick names y'all got going there.

Will we be seeing any tricked-out trumpetizing by Mr. Tricky Nicky?

Actually we're playing on the U of W campus this Thursday @ the Grad House if you're interested. We're opening for a Guelph band called the Speakeasies. They're more of an indie thing and we'll be a 3 piece due to our KB player being out of town. it'll be different, but good. PM me if you care to attend.

Hey Deeps, I may try to swing by the Grad House for a bit. It's been a while since I've been there. I'll send you a PM.

Chameleon, nice to have you on board!

Moondoog, thanks for posting some info about the band Superfly, and it's nice to read the excitement about them playing at the show. It's going to be a blast!

Peace, Mark