Jambands.ca

the weird and unexplained...

Birdy

some coworkers and i were just sitting around discussing paranormal activities so i thought i'd throw this out there.

has anyone ever experienced anything "unusual"?

i'm a firm believer that if you are in a room by yourself and you get a feeling that there is someone in the room when by all physical sense there isn't, there really is.

i too get some kind of sense when i walk into houses i've never been to before.. good vs. evil.

my coworker brought it up when she told us a story of her nephew last night. he was in her basement telling her that an angel above her head was screaming at her. YIKES!

i'm a firm believer that if you are in a room by yourself and you get a feeling that there is someone in the room when by all physical sense there isn't' date=' there really is.[/quote']

Maybe it's just a frisson.

i don't know. in my old house i used to always race up the basement steps because i felt as if i was being followed. could it be a frisson that often?

i've had many of these experiences, and same with many of my relatives.

the last house i lived in had ghosts in it. confirmed. 2 eyewitness accounts of the same thing on separate occassions, without discussion of what we each saw in between. oujia board confirmation (that shit freaked me out!). and i have a photo that shows what appears to be a face in a window... same face i saw many times in window reflections in various spots around the house.

i believe my grandmother visited me shortly after she died. she watched me from the corner of my apartment for a few moments before leaving.

my mom recently had something pretty crazy happen to her, too - too long to type, but crazy nevertheless.

did you ever listen to Art Bell? i used to love his show.

think there's all sorts of energies running about that science hasn't a clue about, some of them with more of a personal presence than others... some places seem more conductive to abnormal phenomena too

but I think its pretty unlikely that someone's intact left-over consciousness is roaming around waiting for a good chance to say "boo!"... though I don't rule out a limited residue of a person's (or animal's) energy

I shouldn't answer questions like this

i lived in a house on mill street in london that i swore was haunted. the volume on the tv used to go way up, then way down. our kitty keecha used to bolt around the house always looking freaked out and i'd hear foot steps in the middle of the night when home alone. in fact i've lived in a few places where the volume on the tv sets would go up and down.

after my gramma died i remember standing on the dock at my house one night looking out on the bay. it was the calmest night ever, tonnes of stars in the sky.. the water so flat that it mirrored the sky. simultaneously i started crying and a wind picked up. i swear it was her.

nah, art packed it in a couple years ago, i think... but he does have someone carrying on the show - i havent listened to it with the new host, though.

one thing that always sticks out from his show, is a discussion he had on time, space, and light, and the hiccups that can occur... ie: take 2 mirrors opposite each other, stand kind of in the middle, or a little off center, so you can see yourself way way way way down in the corner getting smaller and smaller... well, if you wave your hand in a circle, and watch the furthest one away, in the opposite mirror, even though you're doing it in realtime, it'll look like your hand isnt in the right position. i remember him getting so excited explaining this to the caller who called in to ask about it.

anyways, in the building my folks used to live in burlington, at the elevators, they had 2 mirrors opposite each other, i used to do it all the time waiting for the elevator.

i lived in a house on mill street in london that i swore was haunted.

hah! crazy! the house i was talking about was on Hyman st. - like a street or 2 away. when all this was goin down i remember researching about that area from way back when, and quite honestly, i forget what i found, but it bode well for my thinking that my house was haunted.

little did you know dima..

woooooooooooooooo woooooooooooooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooooooooo

that's my best interpretation of a cyber ghost :)

i lived in a house on mill street in london that i swore was haunted.

hah! crazy! the house i was talking about was on Hyman st. - like a street or 2 away. when all this was goin down i remember researching about that area from way back when, and quite honestly, i forget what i found, but it bode well for my thinking that my house was haunted.

london's such an old town i bet you there's so much going on there in terms of ghosts. i used to research houses all the time. this won't mean much to you, but there's this book on my area (chatham-kent) called "romantic kent" and it has some pretty crazy stories about houses around these parts. for all of you chathamites there's one in particular called the baldoon mystery about an old farmhouse on baldoon road.. freaked me right out.. a woman watched a soup ladle whack her dog, and one time came home to find her dog on the roof of a two story house.

I live for that Ouija board shit. Windows rattling, lights going on and off, voices. I once had a Ouija board spell out Luda then the pointer went one way and the board went the other, a light bulb blew and I fell through the lawn chair I was in. About 5 years ago my board went missing, I figured I just left it at my parents when I moved out and my mother chucked but she denies it. SPOOKY!

ok...i know, the wording left me open, but i changed it from something that left me way MORE open....and do to the nature of what happened, and who it was with, and what it meant to me, i'll give you, my joking little buddy, one serious FUCK YOU.

and yes, i know that sounds dirty...but it wasn't...perv