Jambands.ca

the weird and unexplained...

Birdy

did you ever listen to Art Bell? i used to love his show.

I used to listen to some of his programs a few years back, late at night of course. He's freaking crazy though.

The only thing I experienced was investigated and determined to be night kite flyers with lights.

I'm Mr.G - i shit you not. Check out the crummy drawings and my identifiable signature !

sketch2.jpg

UFO sighting.

Edited by Guest

I was working @ a resort on Lake rosseau in the Muskokas. I was assigned to a room with 3 other room mates.

There were 2 sets of bunk beds made of THICK ass planks of wood and were attached to the ceiling and floors.

One night I woke up because these seemingly immovable beds were shaking violently. This continued for about 45 seconds. When it stopped all 4 of us were awake and asking what the fuck all that was about.

The next day we asked around and nobody in the building experienced this shaking, even in rooms that shared walls with us.

In that same room I woke one night and saw figure lit up by the light coming from the stereo. I saw a heater from a cigarette going back and forth from the figure's mouth as I watched frozen with ghostly weirdness.

i lived in a house on mill street in london that i swore was haunted. the volume on the tv used to go way up, then way down. our kitty keecha used to bolt around the house always looking freaked out and i'd hear foot steps in the middle of the night when home alone. in fact i've lived in a few places where the volume on the tv sets would go up and down. .

maybe you need a new tv

after my gramma died i remember standing on the dock at my house one night looking out on the bay. it was the calmest night ever, tonnes of stars in the sky.. the water so flat that it mirrored the sky. simultaneously i started crying and a wind picked up. i swear it was her .

otis redding gets me all teary eyed too

:crazy:

here's one i forgot to mention above.

i live in my great aunt and uncle's house. my great uncle kenny died in this house in 1999. he died in his sleep, in what is now my bedroom.

ever since i moved in here i've been having the most ridiculously vivid dreams. i can wake up from them, and go back to them, i can have em for 4 hours....i can go back and dream something inbetween snooze button presses...which are every 9 minutes.

a couple days ago, i think it was wednesday or thursday last week i couldn't sleep. at all, which was weird for me. i had some shit weighing on my mind and was up pretty late. i was kind of in and out of sleep and remember waking up (and really being awake) and seeing a transparent version of my uncle kenny in his pyjama's trying to get into bed but not being able to do so because my bed is so tall. i dont' know what happened, but then he was gone and i rolled over and went back to sleep.

i'm scared.

i haven't actually ever seen a silhouette or anything like that ever, it's all just feelings and noises.

they say the 'haunting hour' normally occurs anytime between 11 pm and 3 am and if you think you've got something, the best thing to do is sit down with a tape recorder, black out the house, and talk to the ghost or whatever it is. later play back the tapes and listen.

the W network seems to have the lock down on this kind of stuff as for as Canadian programming. friday nights.. i can't remember the show's name as i've only seen it a handful of times. they've got a new show coming out in february called Rescue Mediums.. reality based mediums to the rescue. i'll probably tune in once or twice.

Oh yeah,

I think we might have a ghost cat in our house. Our hardwood floors are always creaking, but not to the extend if an actual person was walking. Also on a couple of occasions I've come to bed, heard noises on the floor, then had the distinct feeling of a cat jumping up on the foot of the bed, and curling up by our feet. Very strange...

I think the woman who used to live in my apartment died there, presumably from a heroine overdose. When I moved in I found a burnt spoon in a drawer and a 2L bottle filled with unused hypodermic needles. I asked my landlord about it and he said she was a great tennant. I asked my friend Shannon about it who apparently knew her and she burst into tears. Now I sometimes get the feeling I'm being watched. Shadows across the walls that shouldn't be there, figures out of the corners of my eyes, shit like that. I just make fun of her.

One of the best lines in a TV series I've heard recently had to be from Rescue Me when the father is talking about how you just plow through life without taking heed of all the collateral damage you visit on people, until you reach a certain age and all those things start catching up to you - viz., ghosts and their hauntings.

I wish I had the script in front of me right now, as it was really well put; I think that's the best sort of explanation I've come across for why for centuries we as a species have put out so much effort trying to propitiate these projected beings (my favourite ritual being the East Asians jamming up the mouth of the Stove God with sticky rice cakes on NYE so he doesn't go off and report all our wrongdoings to the gods further up the ladder).

I've scanned, but haven't read all of the posts in, this thread.

My lame contribution -- I lived in a pub in Wales for awhile. Creepy, bad, fucking shit. Although the girl I was living with was prone to hallucinations at the best of times, so I can't sort out much she influenced me.

I can say that the children who lived downstairs told me stories later -- without my or her ever having shared our experiences -- that matched our own.

Glad to not be in Wales anymore. Warm beer top of the list.