Jambands.ca

Concert for Bangladesh

Deeps

Who's seen this DVD?

concertforbangladesh0hd.jpg

I loved every minute of it. What a great performance. "That's the way god planned it" by Billy Preston made me flip out.

Major gaff in my life. I saw this double record on Vinyl, but wasn't familiar with the concert at the time. I passed on it because it was $15.00.

Dang.

Edited by Guest

Funny enough, someone moved to the Yukon with one of my 3 LPs. I wonder what I did with the other 2? Maybe Deeps saw them for sale. lol

I've had that on DVD for nearly 10 years, when this rocker guy I know had a friend who digitized the VHS version. I've never seen the officially released DVD, but I've always loved my bootleg.

(My favourite part is when the audience starts cheering wildly for Ravi Shankar, who says, "If you appreciate the tuning so much, I hope you will enjoy the playing more.")

I'm an ass it was probably 3 I didn't open the suckah!

Ouch then, for $15 ya missed out, especially if it was in decent condition. According to Goldmine's price guide (as of june 2005) its worth $100+ (depending on the condition). And thats with some flaws, like minor corner creases, binding (spine) wear etc.

I say if you have the chance to go back & get it, do it. Its worth the $15 and time in my opinion.

billy preston friggin' rocked in this. that smile of his and his energy made me flip out too.. that guy is purely positive on stage. i loved it.

ravi shankar too. the sitar is just unbelievable.

i'm with timmy b.. stuff like this makes me wish i was born say twenty years earlier than what i was.

According to Goldmine's price guide (as of june 2005) its worth $100+ (depending on the condition). And thats with some flaws, like minor corner creases, binding (spine) wear etc.

Damn! Now I really wonder what I did do with those two records. I'm sure that other one is still up north. How annoying.

I see Ebay has a original copy going cheap.

$35 US out of the UK.

Also has the original 64 page booklet, although no mention (that I saw) of the two posters that came with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GEORGE-HARRISON-CONCERT-FOR-BANGLADESH-BOX-SET-VINYL

If I had an ebay account I'd grab this one, my copy is in great shape except I'm missing the front & back page of the booklet. And I don't have the posters anymore.

[edit to add]

Heres one with the two posters & booklet, but alot more money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Concert-for-Bangladesh-3-Record-Set

Edited by Guest

(My favourite part is when the audience starts cheering wildly for Ravi Shankar, who says, "If you appreciate the tuning so much, I hope you will enjoy the playing more.")

:D! That bit got me hooked.

All I've got is an old 3rd-gen. normal bias tape that probably has one or two more plays left in it. Still more than worth listening to through all the hiss.

I'm an ass it was probably 3 I didn't open the suckah!

Ouch then' date=' for $15 ya missed out, especially if it was in decent condition. According to Goldmine's price guide (as of june 2005) its worth $100+ (depending on the condition). And thats with some flaws, like minor corner creases, binding (spine) wear etc.

I say if you have the chance to go back & get it, do it. Its worth the $15 and time in my opinion.

[/quote']

I think I have a copy of this with the poster I believe. I have Harrison's entire collection in very decent original state. FOr some reason, I haven't picked up the Bangledesh collector's edition DVD yet. I saw it many years ago on BETA though!