Jambands.ca

trebas institute

livingstoned

not audio - I have a friend contemplating moving to TO and taking the Entertainment Management program...apparently the program is relatively short and the 3rd semester there is a placement in the industry - just not sure its a wise move.

Has your friend checked out any of the courses at Ryerson? This is where many of Canada's leading producers and entertainment management come from...

"Short program" lights up warning signs for me ;)

I went to the Trebas open house for Audio Engineering yesterday. Seemed the only part of their presentation they had polished was the name dropping. Almost got the feeling it was some kind of scam.

So, interesting to find these other posts here today. What good places are there in Toronto for audio engineering and/or acoustic design etc... ???

I have a background in physics, and am not looking to get another degree, just enough coursework to cover the basics and expand employment oportunities.

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

A. Einstein

I went by Trebas to see if I wanted to apply. I've never gone back. The Ryerson option is pretty interesting. I've seen their facilities, they're all new and upgradie.

I can't speak for Trebas, but I've never met anyone that gratuated from there - I work in broadcasting. I went to Ryerson for Radio & Television Arts and it is a good and well respected school for broadcasting industry related fields. My field is crawling with Ryerson, Mohawk, Concordia etc... grads.

fanshawe's music industry arts graduates are all over the industry from LA to vancouver to toronto and even spotting the globe.

I'd do some research and get in touch with some people you look up to and ask some key questions.

you might want to go to school for a couple of years, but if you want a 3 month course that's cool too.

oiaart are more audio focused.

I almost went through their artist or entertainment management program for the $10'000 fee. I was doing some work with House of Blues concerts back then and a big wig over there told me not to bother. I've known other people that went there, one owns a bed and breakfast the other works for Embridge Home Services. I'm not sure who they represent. The New Deal?