Jambands.ca

giant cat

mattm

I LOVE that furry fuzz ball in the top pic! What I wouldn't give to have that curled up and sleeping on me....a personalized purring and auto-warmning "blanket"

I also have a soft spot for wittle wee kitties, too, though. Our little Sally is a tiny thing at 6 years old because (so I'm told) she got pregnant at 6 months and that stunted her growth. Not sure if there's truth to that though. If there is, we know how to make small cats, but the big question is, how do you make/grow such HUGE cats......?

how do you make/grow such HUGE cats......?

Believe it or not, my brother and I asked a vet about this once, because he wanted a giant cat.

Apparently, even if you bred all the biggest cats and kept increasing their size, it wouldn't take long for them to grow too large for the density of their bones. They'd crush their own bones, slowly, under their own weight.

it wouldn't take long for them to grow too large for the density of their bones. They'd crush their own bones, slowly, under their own weight.

hmmmmm, interesting. It begs the question, though....why isn't this happening to 75% of all Americans? Maybe that's why so many obese people use those scooters....b/c their bodies can't walk under their weight?*** At any rate, I'll still take a giant cat, please, and if he has to ride a scooter, so much the better! :P

***In related news, American MDs have discovered they can no longer give needles in the thigh/ass to many of their patients b/c they are so fat, the needles are not long enough to get through the blubber and into the muscle.

Apparently leopards make great pets - they keep their cool as they get older and bigger, and, well, they're big cats, and how much more beautiful does it get? And apparently, that's why there are so few of them left in the world; they won't breed in captivity, and so many of them were taken out of the wild to keep as pets in the last couple of centuries that the well has just about dried up.

I think I'd have a hard time of dealing with all the ethical repercussions if someone ever offered me a leopard as a pet, because I'd just have to keep it.

my friend's family has a Manx

I have a friend that had (passed away (the cat not my friend)) a bobcat/mix and it was 57 lbs. I even saw it on the scale then weighed myself to see if the scale worked. It was huge and only slightly unable to get around. Most of the time it would hide under the dining room table and scratch people as they walked by. It would routinely draw blood from my friends ankles. So I’m sure this is possible. And like others I think the first photo is real and the second bogus