Jambands.ca

The John Henrys This Saturday

Velvet

in case any of the John Henry's happen to read this post, or if the words of this post make their way to the JH's ears, I would like to make it known that I am right pissed off that these guys don't get the word out about their shows. This band rocks, and I love them, and I hardly get to see them... I find out about a show a week or so after it happened.

So there it is. somebody give them a kick in the arse for me.

and at Irenes too. :o:(

damn.

the John Henry's...Irenes

Argh. You have the correct number of apostrophes (one), mooose, but it's misplaced. The name of the band is "The John Henrys", as in a band made up of several guys, all named "John Henry", while the name of the bar is "Irene's", as in a bar owned by someone name "Irene".

Now, in a mirror-image world, there'd be a band named "Irenes", composed of several women, all named "Irene", playing at a place called "John Henry's", a bar owned by a guy named "John Henry", but we don't have any easy non-pharmacological way of getting there yet...

Aloha,

Brad

P.S. I wish I could be at this show, but a prior engagement will mean the absence of my presence.

Edited by Guest
The Corrector, corrected.

moose

Looks like you missed an "o" there Bradm.

Absolutely right, I did, and I apologize for it, and have corrected it. In fact, I never even noticed that it was spelt with three letters "o"; I guess my brain saw the first two, and focued on the word "moose", unconsciously collapsing three of the same letter into two. It shan't happen again.

Aloha,

Brad

Glad I could help.

Now, did I mention that The John Henrys are playing at Irene's this Saturday?

Yes, you did, as the subject (gramatically correctly, now; UAW* thanks you) and first post of this topic indicates.

Aloha,

Brad

* Ubersexy Apostrophe Watchdogs, a non-profit and proud member of the BradCorp Family Of Companies.

Edited by Guest
Added quote.