Jambands.ca

UMPHREY'S Ap 16 06 - Whistler - FREE!

StoneMtn

Having Telus financially back the entertainment for such a free show is probably one of the deciding factors.

I'm sure there's money like that to be had in Toronto, too. The promoters just need to convince the deep-pockets to give it to them; like Upstream has done for the last three years in Whistler. It's not easy, but it may be the only way to get some bands into this country.

whistler - recreation + tiny market = great gig

TO - more rec + biggest market in Canada - no skiing = better gig

your argument makes no sense... the show in whistler is actually happening and the bands are going to be there... nothing close to this ever happens in toronto.... so what's your point again?

ad

AD - it was a response to someone else who was repsonding to my complaint that UM would play Whistler but we can't get them to TO. It went something like this -

I complain UM won't come to TO but other smaller bands will

Someone else says one of the reasons they might play Whistler is it has great recreation (skiing)

I suggest that skiing/recreation isn't a big factor for a band decing to play somewhere

Someone else suggests it would be a deciding factor for them.

I try to point out that good recreation and a tiny market make a good show

BUT

that Toronto has more recreation than Whistler plus is the biggest market in Canada and would therefor make a better show than Whistler.

So AD, have a good time skiing - hit a tree really hard for me kay? Maybe Sonny Bono style?

So AD, have a good time skiing - hit a tree really hard for me kay? Maybe Sonny Bono style?

Yer a dick

i wrote a big reply and then replaced it with that because you'd just take what i originally said negatively anyways.

edit. that's twice this week people from this board have wished death upon me. grow the fuck up.

Edited by Guest

AD- If we were skiing together in Whistler, right before UM, and you came close to hitting a tree, I'd slip off my mittens and break your fall with my well-moisturized hands.

I hope to see you soon, friend!

i am swooning and swelling at the same time.... and i sure do bet you are moist!!

:)

ad