Jambands.ca

Come Together Music Fest update ...

mark tonin

Hey everyone,

I just received word from Mark Wilson that we're heading back to Frontier Ghost Town for this upcoming May long weekend festival! Lots more info in the near future, but here's a list of bands that have been confirmed so far:

Mark Wilson & The Way It Is

Caution Jam

Burt Neilson Band

Outside the Wall (Pink Floyd cover band)

Friends of Hefner

Freekbass

King Sunshine

What The Thunder Said

Harvard Mouse

Looking forward to another fantastic May long weekend!

Peace, Mark

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woohoo! i've always felt a little bad that i never made it to a CTMF at frontier town.

plus... it's a hellofa lot closer to ottawa, no?

yay!!!!!!! :cool: }:|

[edit - mmmkay, maybe not a 'hellofa lot' closer... but, closer?]

Edited by Guest

hah!

ya right... even if they tried, i dont think the boys would ever play ghost town again.

that said, i was really hoping for Surprise Me Mr. Davis at Izzy's...

edit: like i said in the ctmf forum, give the ball to the burties and let 'em run with it... 2 sets on the sunday night! yes yes yes!!

Edited by Guest

yet again, jambands is the place where i discover that we have gigs.

That's funny. I was talking to Mark Crissinger this morning and he had no idea that Caution Jam was playing either. He sounded very excited about it though and let me go so that he could "call the guys in the band and let them know they were playing." :D

So, what's the format? Is there going to be a Saloon band? Is there going to be an acoustic stage? Acoustic bands all day until sunset and then electric bands from that point on? How late can we go up there this time? We don't want to get Rick shut down again.

touché guigsy, but feelings like that can change over time...and I'm sure they have. what was the problem that night anyway?

There was a problem? I thought they sounded awesome! I guess I could see them being upset about the sound but hell, it's CTMF and it wouldn't be the same without crappy sound right? How about we get Doug from PJC to handle all the sound this year?

i dunno, im not really that far in the know - that's just the response i got when i asked him about his experience at ghost town once upon a time. i didnt press, but i had heard from some other people that they werent too happy with the whole thing, and that pretty much confirmed it for me.

sure feelings can change, and of course i'd love to see the slip there, but i dont see it likely.

further, i really hope ghost town is getting some kind of make-over - last time i was there, at the end of last august, it was almost depressing seeing how everything had kinda grown in and over, the saloon and stage area looked rather decrepid... it had a real abandoned look, and feel, like a few years had passed... which, obviously it did.

...everything had kinda grown in and over, the saloon and stage area looked rather decrepid... it had a real abandoned look, and feel, like a few years had passed... which, obviously it did.

We'll have to trample down the over grow (and burn it ). I was there for the July 1st Party last year, the place has magic.