Jambands.ca

°∞oO Lose Yer Shoes - August 11 - 13 Oo∞°

\/\/illy

Here's the Caution Jam / Fat Cats (setblender) setlist from Saturday night:

01. Introduction

02. Feel Like A Stranger (John Perry Barlow/Bob Weir)

03. Bertha* (Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter)

04. West L.A. Fadeaway (Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter) >

05. Boogie on Reggae Woman (Stevie Wonder) >

06. Dancing In The Street (Marvin Gaye/Ivy Hunter/William "Mickey" Stevenson) >

07. King Tut (Steve Martin)

08. Brown-Eyed Women (Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter)

09. Eyes Of The World (Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter) >

10. Maracas (Fat Cats)

11. Groove Is In The Heart (Deee-Lite/Herbie Hancock)

12. You (Fat Cats)

13. Tom's Closing Notes

It's uploading to the archive now. I'll post a link as soon as it's ready. The sound quality is EXCELLENT.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too had a fabulous time this weekend. I have said it before, and I will say it again one of my all time favourite past times in the whole wide world is sitting around the fire singing with good friends.

As much as I was dissapointed at first by the lack of time that both headlining bands were granted, this situation was more than redeemed by the great fire jams.

Willy and Leanne, I thank you guys again for hosting the home-base. Your van is my good-time beacon.

Large Marge and Sheebs, your improv reggae dedication to Granite Ridge was priceless... 'no drums'... brrrup, brrrrup!!!

And kudos to whoever kept successfully pulling off the good ol' jedi mind-fuck with the ATV brigade. Play on...

This was my second yr, and it just keeps gettin better !!!

Huge THANKYOU to all organizers/musicians/skanks for such an amazing time. It was great getting to know more of you better!

BoilerRat, great point...I have never heard that anywhere before, they cracked another for sunday too ;) it was a hard ride home when I finally pulled myself away around 7pm!

Willy and Leanne, I thank you guys again for hosting the home-base. Your van is my good-time beacon.

Large Marge and Sheebs, your improv reggae dedication to Granite Ridge was priceless... 'no drums'... brrrup, brrrrup!!!

ditto forsure!

Thanks my friend.

Nostrovia. emcocktl.gif

Wait until you hear the "Fat Jam" acoustic set from Sunday. It was Todd Gillies, Mark Crissinger, and Ricky Neu. Here's the setlist:

01. Friend Of The Devil (John Dawson/Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter)

02. Visions of Johanna (Bob Dylan)

03. Thanks to Eric & Tom Speech

04. (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay (Steve Cropper/Otis Redding)

05. Bird Song (Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter)

06. Me And My Uncle (John Phillips)

07. Call It Democracy (Bruce Cockburn)

08. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (Bob Dylan)

09. Ramble On Rose (Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter)

07. King Tut (Steve Martin)

sounds like fun!!

i was a bit dissapointed about missing this fest again this year' date=' but had bigger things to attend to: moving.

nonetheless, looking forward to hearing the music. thanks willy![/quote']

How far are you moving?

from st kitts to the hammer, yep... augusta street to be a little more precise.

looking forward to seeing more of you, and other hammerites soon!

from st kitts to the hammer, yep... augusta street to be a little more precise.

looking forward to seeing more of you, and other hammerites soon!

Wow, that's GREAT news! Augusta isn't far from my place at all. I'll totally look forward to hanging out more often! Welcome to the city! Was it work that brought you here?

Wow, I stayed Sunday night too, and still didn't want to go home on Monday. What a great frigg'n time... great people, music, dancing with my daughter, having my gals there for a change was fantastic. And some great drum times, watch'n hitchhike mike playing the fire. Can't beat fresh air, fresh coffee, and even fresher people.

Cheers to you all, hopefully see you at Come Together.

What an absolutely beautiful weekend. Wonderful people, amazing music, and a gorgeous piece of land. Just the cleansing my soul needed, I feel like a new person today. I didn't lose my shoes, but it sure feels like I got new ones, 'cause theres a special little kick in my steps today.

I highly reccomend this festival to anyone with kids(MOBE...I'm looking your way). Small crowd of good people, no sketchy crap you find at other festies.

As i fired up the bus on Sunday afternoon to come home a big part of me hoped it wouldn't go, just wanted to stay another day.

also... Anyone know Pat & Jennifer from North Bay? I'd like to get in touch with them.

Okay, the Fat Jam is up on archive.org now. Fat Jam consisted of Todd Gillies (Fat Cats), Mark Crissinger (Caution Jam), and Ricky Neu (Diesel Dog). It was a dual acoustic guitar and congas jam and it sounds awesome!

Here's the setlist:

Friend Of The Devil (John Dawson/Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter)

Visions of Johanna (Bob Dylan)

Thanks to Eric & Tom Speech

(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay (Steve Cropper/Otis Redding)

Bird Song (Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter)

Me And My Uncle (John Phillips)

Call It Democracy (Bruce Cockburn)

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (Bob Dylan)

Ramble On Rose (Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter)

Here's the URL: http://www.archive.org/details/cjam2006-08-13.sbd.shnf

Yes big thanks for recording Willy!

SOOOOO much fun - such good music - so good to see so many familar faces and meet a few new ones as well.

Best campfire jam I've ever witnessed for sure.

Such a nice place although I am kinda wishing I wasn't so lazy and made it to the beach. Can't wait to do it all again.

Hope to see you all again on Labour Day!

Willy, you're awesome. Did you happen to get the BNB friday? They were scorchin'

The Sunday afternoon Fat Jam sounds great. As I listen to it, I'm reminded of afropoppa and his fantastic hula hooping during the show. It was as much a part of the show as what was happening on stage. I just wonder why Baj didn't join in that action?