Jambands.ca

°∞oO Lose Yer Shoes - August 11 - 13 Oo∞°

\/\/illy

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha my fantastic hula hooping? cant say I remember any fantastic hula hooping....

Fantastic, in so much as you were just standing and throwing the hoop around you as it did about three or four spins around you and fell to the ground. Not a lot of hip movement. It was perfect.

Wow, that's GREAT news! Augusta isn't far from my place at all. I'll totally look forward to hanging out more often! Welcome to the city! Was it work that brought you here?

Yeah, I've been working in Stoney Creek for almost two years, commuting from St. Catharines for the last year.. Sari is transfering to MAC, so we've made the move. The last couple days have been great, I spend so much less time in my car now.

Listening to the FatJam recording now... great morning music for the office. Thanks again!

haha my fantastic hula hooping? cant say I remember any fantastic hula hooping....

Fantastic' date=' in so much as you were just standing and throwing the hoop around you as it did about three or four spins around you and fell to the ground. Not a lot of hip movement. It was perfect.[/quote']

haha, yea I was definately trying to get the hula to hoop but what it wasnt working...I think I need to take some lessons or something :P

haha, yea I was definately trying to get the hula to hoop but what it wasnt working...I think I need to take some lessons or something :P

That hoop you were trying to use was broken dude. Next time grab one that works and ask Brinapple for some pointers. He's the king of hula-hooping.

That hoop you were trying to use was broken dude. Next time grab one that works and ask Brinapple for some pointers. He's the king of hula-hooping.

It was broken?? I must've had a bunch of people laughing at my "hula hooping" then...and I most certainly will ask him for pointers...I've always wanted to know to really to do it....

High Plains Drifter Set List:

That's the way the World Goes Round

Sister's song

Shady Grove

Rough Luck

Be

My Grundle *

Friki *

White Shadowed Dove *

* w/ Tessa Lee on vocals/flute

High Plains Drifter was...

Jay Cleary, acoustic/electric guitars, vocals

Tony Sandler, upright bass, electric bass

Dave Chan, drums and percussion

www.myspace.com/highplainsdrifting

What an amazing weekend. It was so good to see so many great people out for this event.

Highlights include...

- hanging out with so many new and amazing people

- seeing Jer portage a canoe around the campsite while singing Harry Chapin

- partying all weekend in Mark C's van (thanks my friend)

-the version of Standing on the Moon that was played (by the band before Caution Jam) when I was peaking!!!

- the free kegs/free meals all weekend

- best quote of the weekend goes to Todd of the Fatties.."I am only understanding about 5 % of what you are saying right now" (he was so wasted on Sun, and then he got up and played an amazing set!!!)

The only two negatives were the asshole doing security on Fri...he wouldn't let the dance party go down (as if he was going to kick all thirty of us out at 1am wasted!!!) and the power being pulled just before Burt was going to play Chest Fever!!!

Thanks so much to everyone who looked after Kaya, she had so much fun at the festival and thanks so much to Jer for putting me on the guest list (yes the summer of 'comp' continues!!!!)

thats Ken Hannah, he's an old brantford guy that lived in BC for many years. he was there with his sweet twin daughters who had a great time and could hula with the best of them!

I know it took me a long time to respond but I dont have a computer. I had such a spectacular weekend. It was a beautiful venue and a fantastic time! thanks Brianapple for getting the atv guy to fuck off! you charmed the pants off him! thanks fri night crew for campfireing it with me and listening to my freestyle insanity! thanks especially to edger for the sweet background vocals. I hope we can do this again on labour day. thanks to kaya for being the best dog ever!

thanks fri night crew for campfireing it with me and listening to my freestyle insanity! thanks especially to edger for the sweet background vocals. I hope we can do this again on labour day.

Hey! I'll gladly provide the roaring campfire and stack of hardwood if you agree to sit next to it, play guitar, and sing with edger! Just look for Jazzy! (The van.)

thanks to kaya for being the best dog ever!

Now what is Bagheera going to think when he reads that?! Dogs have feelings too you know! ;)

thanks especially to edger for the sweet background vocals. I hope we can do this again on labour day.

The pleasure was all mine. No really, I enjoyed singing with you and the boys very much. I don't get to do that very often that's for sure!

Willy, if you provide the fire on Labour Day, I have no doubt that the rest will fall right into place!!! Looking forward to it...