Jambands.ca

"Old & In the Gray" DVD offer

backbacon

Hey.

I just rec'd a dvd-r of Old & In the Gray's performance from this past May's Hookahville. It is fantastic!! It's only the first hour of the 1.5 (or so) hour set.

I will be making some copies next week for b&p or trade. I would like to know who is interested in getting this so I know how many copies to make. Let me know if you are interested.

The "Midnight Moonlight", "Land of the Navajo" and the playing/ singing of happy birthday to Vassar with crowd accompaniment are highlights. Overall, a real delight! The sound is good and the video is good. You can even see Stu Dog in the photo pit if you look closely. Recorded by 'China'.

Lineup: OLD & IN THE GRAY: David Grisman (mandolin), Peter Rowan (guitar), Herb Pedersen (banjo filling Jerry Garcia's shoes), Vassar Clements (fiddle), Bryn Bright (young & not gray string bass filling John Kahn's shoes)

Yep, anyone who wants, just 'put their order in' before I head it to TO on Wed when I'll be burning copies and when I get back I'll get it in touch with everyone and figure out what we'll be tradin/ b&p'ing etc... A few audio discs for it would make sense since the dvd-r's are so much more expensive. I don't know exactly how much so I won't say for sure just yet how many.

So yeah, you're all in, who else?

Archived