Jambands.ca

MarK Knopfler/Emmy Lou Harris 6/19/06 Toronto!!!

Cully

Yeah, this will be a great show. I am a little upset because I think that I will have to miss this one. This is the Monday after Bonnaroo and it may be a bit of a stretch to make it back for this one... (or have the energy to attend it)

Enjoy!

No kidding! Timmy I love you my friend, but waiting around for you to hit Ringo on wednesday only to get back by probably 1:00am on Thursday (if you're lucky), and then to drive all night down to Bonnaroo and back in time for the show on Monday. That's fuckin crazy!!! I just can't keep up with that... Makes me very weary just thinking about it...

Nonetheless, looking forward to sharing another Bonnaroo with ya...

In my defence, when I do put people out of the way like that I usually take all the driving duties, therefore my friends have to get in my vehicle and sit back and rest arriving and departing whatever show we are hitting up.

As for Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris, I doubt very much that I (or we) will get back in time for that gig, it was a kind of pie in the sky statement.

Tim

Hope no offence was taken there brother....I do love your wacky ways and your will to drive.

Bonnaroooooooooooo

None taken my friend.

I'm just a bit bummed out that I was already missing Zappa Plays Zappa and now I'm missing Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris.

It makes me want to fly in and out of bonnaroo.

Tim

Timmy I admire your devotion, I just don't think Todd's jeep would keep up (she only goes so fast)

It's all going to work out in the end, and it will certainly be a blast. When one's biggest problem in life is having too many great acts to choose from, one should quickly come to the conclusion that life is good..

Timmy I admire your devotion, I just don't think Todd's jeep would keep up (she only goes so fast)

It's all going to work out in the end, and it will certainly be a blast. When one's biggest problem in life is having too many great acts to choose from, one should quickly come to the conclusion that life is good..

Hey edger,

As I said it was a "pie in the sky" dream that I will be able to make it back for the Knopfler/Harris gig.

It's a fourteen hour drive after the longest weekend of the year when it comes to the amount of music I see and the lack of sleep I get. Add in the fact that I do not take any substances to assist my mission to see as much music as humanly possible, I seriously doubt I'll be at the Molson Amphitheatre on Monday night.

Tim

holy highjacked thread batman....

No kidding, eh?

I just picked up the new Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris "All the Roadrunning" which has a sticker on it that states "An album of duets, over 7 years in the making."

Whether I can make this gig or not, I'm looking forward to hearing this album.

The title track is quite good as it was released in the fall on a Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler Best of compilation.

Tim

• 1 month later...