Jambands.ca

!!! - Tony Levin - Corktown Tavern, Hamilton - May 29

payce-ley

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say make sure you get them this weekend to be safe QQC, Lou said he had a lot of e-mails about it... figure the club only holds a couple of hundred of bass-heads... could call there tonight and ask how sales are going just to be sure, 905-572-9242

have mine on hold (old friends with the manager)

definately as General Admission as it gets :)

Edited by Guest
yes

cool. i just called there. girl was helpful. theres a bunch for advanced sale, and a bunch reserved for the door.. so it should work out fine. im hoping theres tickets there next tuesday, im plannning on a visit for the oneself show... but perhaps this will get me out to roc raida tonight!

A question to fellow promoters out there, can someone shed some light on why a promoter "reserves tickets for the door"? I mean if the show has the demand to sell out entirely in advance, why would one hold on to tickets to sell at the door and risk a mob outside the club the night of the concert? Thoughts?

The only thing I can come up with is that the promoter doesn't have an idea of the sellout-number and doesn't want to sell the venue short by committing to an advance sold out number. Which I hope isn't the reason, cuz if they reserve say 100 door tickets, but 150 people show up at the door, person number 101 ain't gonna know they are without a ticket until it's their turn in line. Don't you think?

Edited by Guest
My grammar stinks

If I understand the situation correctly it’s possible I could go to the show expecting a reserved ticket at the door only to be told they’re at capacity. Capacities and such should been determined before the event is confirmed and tickets go on sale. The promoter probably wants to judge the type of people that show up and whether they can/will handle a shoulder to shoulder situation. Plus people don't always honour their reservation and pick up their tickets so it's impossible to know where the numbers are at and that doesn't make sense.

Edited by Guest

this show was announced pretty quietly with pretty short notice...

imagine its to give an opportunity to attend to people who missed the initial announcement, but once they find out would trade all their Court of the Crimson King tour bootlegs to be there

... or what briguy said

... or what whiteymuseum said

Edited by Guest
yes

I forgot to mention that when I was picking up my tickets last night I learned that Tony is bringing a five-piece band to the Corktown. Joining the already stellar lineup are Jesse Gress and Pete Levin! This show is completely over the top. I cannot believe this is going on at the Corktown.

Another thing to note is that I would estimate, based on the layout of the bar, that less than half of the patrons will actually have a view of the band. I'm thinking it will be a good idea to get there early.

• 3 weeks later...

Good job Aaron.

did you actually get to talk to him? or was it more of a thing where you grabbed quotes from a press release?

Either way, congrats on this nice step in your career.

Just think tomorrow you'll get to talk to a bass player named Deeps live and in person on your radio show.

Cheers

Deeps

picked up my reserved tickets at the Corktown earlier tonight and found out they're still selling advance tickets... there's about a hundred left, most of the first hundred sold over the last couple of days

recommend picking tickets up tomorrow or saturday if you're planning on having your mind expanded by Mr. Levin and crew

and here's a post by the promoter on the stillepost board from today

The Tony Levin Band last night in Toronto was absolutely a mind blowing experience. The caliber of musicianship in Levin's band is not often found on one stage at one time.

I feel lucky and privileged that I get to attend the show again tonight in Hamilton.

Tony asked me when I did the interview (Found on the News Page on this site) not to reveal the setlist until after the gigs were completed, so I will abide by his wishes and will not put up any spoilers to any that will be attending the gig tonight at the Corktown.

I hope to see all of you there tonight!

Tim