Jambands.ca

!!! - Tony Levin - Corktown Tavern, Hamilton - May 29

payce-ley

Damn!!

ok, thats quite enough shows I can't possibly miss to have announced within a day and a half for now...

from the Stillepost message board:

Possibly the best bass player in the world will be visiting the old lady at 175 Young Street.

Lanois, King Crimson, Robbie Robertson, and so much more!!!!

Tony Levin plus special guests.

Monday May 29th

The Corktown Tavern

Advance tickets available on Friday May 5th.

For more information

email me at doublehell@sympatico.ca

Lou

holy.

Edited by Guest
yes

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this will be interesting, we were talking about this last week. Theres another really good show coming to corktown also but for the life of me I cant remember what it is. Nice way to prime for my b-day..Levin > WTTS/Todd Gilles @CasbahPepper Jacks > Caution Jam Boat cruise (on my b-day). Looking like a great week.

Edited by Guest

I'll never forget seeing the Fat Cats there one time a thousand years ago. There's buddy just strolling out of the bathroom.... WITH THE NEEDLE STILL JAMMED IN HIS ARM!!!!

Lovely venue. Do they still have the flourescent snakes on the walls?

Not sure, last time I went there was with a friend of mine about 4 years back, he was meeting a girl whose brother had a gig there. We made it to the front door and a huge brawl was going on, loads of blood & multi-colored mohawk haircuts swingin fists, so we decided to hit Hess Village instead.

I did work the door for Hiway Freeker's first gig in Hamilton (they booked the venue themselves) years back and was spit at for asking for cover. Thats the last time I was actually in there.. :crazy:

Those Fatties shows were great though, 93 & 94 I seem to recall.

Lou Molinaro (host of Lou's Control on Mohawk College radio the past decade) has been doing an amazing job of bringing some truly high quality acts into the Corktown the past couple of years... at the same time as remaining true to the bar's punk rock heritage

haven't been down to the bar since Lou took over scheduling but am looking forward to it... Lou's definately someone I consider quality people

in any case, sometimes its nice to stay at the Motel 7 instead of the Ramada ;)

had some blasts at the Corktown years back... lookin forward to partyin there again

Tony Levin for god's sakes! still in shock