Jambands.ca

One OiNK invite...

DevO

i have 3 right now.

btw, as per suggestions, I rolled the oink and bitTorrent forum underneath the Live Music forum.

It really shouldn't affect anything as far as your RSS feed or direct linking goes. The hierarchy is different, that's it.

do you mean that you can't get a decent ratio? If so, that's easily fixable. Check out this site on port forwarding. Determine which router you have and use that site for your appropriate settings.

Also, to test if everything is fine for BT'ing, you can find a torrent that you're 'seeding' on Oink or other sites and use the interface to see who's sharing the torrent. It'll show you're user account and it will also display whether or not you are 'connectable'. If you are connectable, that's good. If not, you need to open up ports on your router. The link I added here SHOULD tell you everything you need to do that.

help plz...i can't upload any thing to Oink...i d/l but it won't upload...I've read the forums but I can't seem to figure out why and i don't want to get kicked off

I had the exact same problem....

I'm gonna guess & say you have a router made by linksys (wrt54g(s) etc. maybe?)....if so, get some custom firmware for your router.I had zero upload & I ran this custom firmware for my router (void all warranty) and now I went from 2 Kbs to 20-100kbs upload.

If its a linkskys router, let me know, I have some links to credible custom firmware (solid)..and by that I mean linksys themselves recommends it.

i'd love an invite. would really love one.

now, cully, make sure you don't let someone silly non ratio understanding person use your account again and lose it!

and prost! make sure you don't screw up your account like you did cully's!

bitter? yes.

fluffhead, have you tried a way off port like 49152 through 65535?

I dont have an oink acc. but I have found changing ports to within that range has made a difference (increase), outside of that, my issues are different then yours so I can't help all that much.

I struggle to get 20kb up most of the times...lucky even at times.

I had great luck on port 1720, i'm on rogers in the toronto area. (keep in mind, you have to access your router setup's "port forwarding".

When I joined I kept an eye out at the top of the fresh torrents list, found a thing called "pitchfork's top 100 albums of the 70's". It was bullocks, just some list...but it had 2 seeds and 99 leechers...I jumped on, left it on for 4 days, in the end I had 7 gig down, 27 up. I can grab over 200 mp3 albums before seeding again.