Jambands.ca

WORLD CUP

Guest Low Roller

Woohoo, I'm outta here early enough tommorow that I'll only miss kickoff. Should've thought to preplan some beer for the morning.

For anyone looking for web streams for the work week (damn BBC and ESPN with their regional lockouts), I found this:

World Cup Live Stream

It carries a PAK-TV feed, so you get some sweet Bollywood goodness before the games. Decent enough quality for in-the-office viewing. And no need to install any P2P software weirdness. Advice: start the stream early ... once the match starts, it can be difficult to get in.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've confirmed my distaste for pro soccer in watching this world cup. The amount of diving, faking injury, and bitching to the refs is disgusting. It's like a mix of a decent pro sport and the WWF. When the leagues get serious about diving and faking injury I'll consider watching again.

THey should crack down, and say that if any player stops play due to injury they can't return to the pitch until the next half. I bet that will eliminate 90% of stretcher rides.

Where is Perluigi Collina when we need him??

I've been wondering about that. It doesn't feel like a proper tournament without Collina. Did he retire or is he just past it?

Didn't it look like Italy should have been called for a foul just before the penalty kick was awarded? I seem to recall one of the Italians pushing down a defender at that moment.

Perluigi retired 2 years ago, so did Dallas. They are both now Directors at this World Cup.

The thing they wanted to crack down on most was 2 footed tackling, I have saw 2 cautions and about 30 uncalled fouls.

Did you know???

Even the officials must pass a fitness test before every game...too bad they don't have an IQ test too.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter criticized Valentin Ivanov's handling of Portugal's 1-0 second-round win over the Netherlands, when the Russian referee handed out a record-tying 16 yellow cards and an unprecedented four reds.

In a frank assessment to a Portuguese TV station, Blatter said Ivanov was not up to the level of the players.

"I think there could have been a yellow card for the referee," Blatter said.

Soccer's top official joins criticism of referees

Guest Low Roller

The BBC commentators were slagging the game soooo hard. I've never heard commentators come right out and say that the game sucked and that they hope the bars are still open after the game because they need a stiff drink!

Was it really that bad? I only watched OT and the penalties, and I didn't think it was that awful.

I dunno. I was in and out during the regular time and watched OT and the penalties in their entirety. Not a whole lot of action - it was tense and felt a bit slowpaced, but I didn't think awful. The Swiss had kept out every goal attempt so far going into this ... not sure what the commentators expected.

At least it wasn't like the Aussie / Italy game, which was fine to watch but at the end it seemed like there was no point having investing 95 minutes into it if it was going to be decided at the last minute by some bullshit decision.

Xrist I don't want to have to listen to Italians going up and down preston street blaring their horns again. C'mon Ukraine! that said, it's asking a lot of them to beat the Italians considering they needed penalties to get past the Swiss

also the friggin italians were blaring their horns after beating Ghana for fecks sake so you'd think it was losing it's appeal by now but then what can you do?

But yeah the Ukr-Switz game was a real bore, not much inventive play at all and no-one taking any real chances. I'm also pretty amazed the Swiss didn't hit a single penalty, and that they didn't concede a single goal in regulation play during the whole tournament

meggo, you've gotta make sure you are using IE and just keep hitting on that play button. It's real tough to get the feed once a game has started because everyone is trying to do the same. But once you get the feed, it is smooth sailing. Good luck.

It's been an exciting game, but frustrating! Offside, god damn it.