Jambands.ca

WORLD CUP

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I talked out of my ass. Once I researched it, I quickly discovered my co-worker is off that day and I would be extremely uncomfortable calling in sick that day. Long weekend and all.........me screwing over the other employee's....it doesnt sit well.

Lets hit The Gap Of Dunloe or whatever it is. We know we can easily score enough room for us and the tv is certainly adequate.

Please reserve enough sobriety (or enough time to regain sobriety) for wasting yourselves at BNB/Elkas later on Friday night.

I'm taking Friday off, but using it a rest-up interlude between Vanderpark on Thursday and BNB/Elkas Friday then Canada Day / night.

Aloha,

Brad

hhmmm, good question d_rawk... that last irish pub was a bit dodgy– adequate but dodgy. And we're not entirely certain about taking the day off yet but meeting there @ 3:00 might be entirely doable

updates to be posted as plans solidify

Since it'll be a Friday I should be able to sneak out for at least the 2nd half. I will keep my eyes peeled for updates.

Right so sadly I'm unable to play hooky today and so am missing the early game, the one that's far more interesting to me of course. THat said i might sneak away to some place to watch the 2nd half at least.

Now the question is where to meet for the 3:00 game- that last Irish pub was okay but i wonder if the Royal Oak (the better one, nearish to Laurier) has a suitable big screen. Anyone?!?

The Gap of Dunloe wasn't answering the phone yesterday so I'm assuming they're still "Fixing their exhaust in the kitchen" (yeah right, like that takes 2 weeks). I'm also okay with Biddy Mulligans as well if it's easiest, just thought there might be a slightly better option nearby.

ollie? d_rawk? boochie? slothy? bueller?

Guest Low Roller

Big game today! The ball drops at 4pm UK time, so I'm going to try to sneak away from work in time to see the game, at the very least the second half!

Why does this evening's game have to be the boring one? It's just not fair! ::stamps feet::

yeah exactly eh? i'm praying that Ukraine wins so that Preston street isn't a bloody zoo again

i hope the first game doesn't go to extra time/penalties as i've a friggin meeting from 1:30-2:30 (who the hell schedules last minute mandatory meetings on a friday afternoon right before a long weekend?!?!? ARGH!) c'mon Krauts!

Edited by Guest

Yeah, my plan is to catch the 2nd half of ARG/GER duing my lunch hour and hope it doesn't go to extra time.

Then the 2nd half of UKR/ITA with a beer in my hand. I'm not picky where we end up. Don't know about a big screen at the Oak but I'd imagine they've set something up. Could be busy there.

We shouldnt go to the Oak. Its only got a tiny little tv over the bar.

I'ld love to watch it at Maclarens or something, but that aint the easiest for youse guys to get to and I wont be willing to travel much further than Biddy's if I want to make it on time.

The Oak in the Glebe has a huge projector screen they put of for sporting events. Watched a lot of hockey there this past winter. I'm sure it will be up today and tomorrow, although you may have to get there early to get a seat, it can get cramped.

AD

Here's the plan for the late game.

Go to The Gap Of Dunloe first, its on the corner of Bank and Cooper. If its open, that is where Ollie and I will be. If not, stay on the same side of the street and walk 1 and a half blocks south on Bank. Go into Biddys Mulligans and listen for my voice. You will probably hear it from the street.

Guest Low Roller

What great games yesterday!

The England game had a boring first half, but after Rooney was sent off (idiot), England really picked up the pace and took it to Portugal. No real scoring chances though for either side.

The France game was incredible to watch. Brazil was dominated the entire game. Ronaldihno was invisible. Zidane was a total general on the pitch.

Allez, les Bleus! Allez! I adopt Zizou as personal hero until (at least) the 9th.

Avenge this, and avenge it on their home soil ...

Germany vs. France would be awesome.

_1617552_schumix150.jpg

EMP-Battiston-315468.jpg

I will be a very happy boy to not have to look at Ronaldo and the rest of Portugal's cheats and liars for a little while. It is time to send 'em home. 'Tis sad about England though, no doubt. Fuckin' Rooney.

yes harald (tony) shumacher's a nonce, no doubt about it. he didn't even get called for a free kcik from that play much less red carded like he shouold have been

france has my backing now...

rough one for Owen Hargreaves and co yesterday (man of the match for England anyway), facking lampard was completely useless... second best midfielder in the world my ass.

oh well

Hargreaves performance was some small consolation in loss but fuck, England should have buried one of those chances.

I was thrilled to hear about France and also consoled by the thought that Brazil's fans must be even more gutted.

I'm pulling for France now too.