Jambands.ca

Eric Clapton in Toronto - ticket prices

Basher

Just got this email from the Raptors - we get presale opportunities as season ticket holders.

Air Canada Centre proudly presents

ERIC CLAPTON

Sunday, September 24, 2006 at 7:30pm

Your Premium On-sale Details

Start: Friday, June 2, 2006 10:00am

Close: Tuesday, June 6, 2006 4:00pm

Ticket Prices: $99.25 - $138.75 (+handling fees)

Expect the public ticket sale to be some time next week.

FUCK! that is pricey.

And yes Derek Trucks is playing with him.

I had really lost interest in EC since he went soft and started rehashing everything.

But recently I listened to some live shows from this '06 tour with Derek Trucks and WOW!

Sounds like Derek has lit a fire under Clapton. I really like the new band and it sounds way funkier and more driving than any recent EC I've heard. Very Derek & the Dominoes.

I gotta see this show, just so fuckin' expensive. I mean can't they cover costs and all make money if we payed like $70 a ticket.

Damn! It'll be worth it I'm sure.

I feel that in 2004 Doyle Bramhall II lit a fire under Eric Clapton's ass when Doyle replaced Andy Fairweather Low as Clapton's second guitarist. Now that Derek Trucks is also in tow, that fire will only burn brighter.

I can't wait to see this gig, I haven't missed Slowhand since 1994 and don't plan on ever passing one of his shows by, especially after the 2004 tour and seeing him with Ginger and Jack last fall at Madison Square Gardens.

Also because Derek is in the Clapton touring band they are doing a significant amount of material from Derek and the Dominos including "Anyday," "Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad?" "Nobody Knows When You're Down and Out," "Layla" and "Got to Get Better in a Little While."

And Robert Cray should be opening so the end of each gig will have Clapton, Cray, Bramhall II and Trucks all sharing the stage at the same time. Sweet.

Tim

And Robert Cray should be opening so the end of each gig will have Clapton, Cray, Bramhall II and Trucks all sharing the stage at the same time. Sweet.

That's two electric guitars more than needs to be on a stage at one time, ever. Once you've got that many six-strings wailing at the same time, it's pretty hard to hear what at least half of them are doing. Are there any songs out there that really need four separate guitar solos by four separate virtuosos?

And Robert Cray should be opening so the end of each gig will have Clapton' date=' Cray, Bramhall II and Trucks all sharing the stage at the same time. Sweet.[/quote']

That's two electric guitars more than needs to be on a stage at one time, ever. Once you've got that many six-strings wailing at the same time, it's pretty hard to hear what at least half of them are doing. Are there any songs out there that really need four separate guitar solos by four separate virtuosos?

Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, I'm glad to see that you have arrived safely in South Korea.

And to answer your question, yes there are thousands of songs out there that need separate guiatr solos by four separate virtuosos.

There is not much like the classic call and response soloing that inspires great players to come up with inspiration to play something unique and better than what they would have played with just one guitarist on stage.

So why not four, it's not going to be for the whole set, it is likely that it will only occur during the last song of the encore.

If you don't want to attend you don't have to, though if Eric Clapton does make it to South Korea I hope you decide to go.

Tim