Jambands.ca

So I didn't get let across the border...

afro poppa

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just cuz you're a dirty hippie and you smoke pot, doesn't mean you should dislike a person with a very important and serious job and make assumptions about his intelligence or his motives.

Not to impugn the job, or diss any of the people who do it (I'd hate to have to do it myself); there's something about the no-man's land that is a border that can bring out the worst in some people. I'm sure the pressure of expecting the worst out of the people who drive by doesn't help very much either.

next time, try bringing a chick with you and have her do the driving through the border check. i find they're always easier on girls. Not that it's right for them to treat ladies differently, but they do nonetheless.

...and it doesn't hurt to have her look VERY pregnant... :)

next time' date=' try bringing a chick with you and have her do the driving through the border check.[/quote']

We've also found our time at the border diminished considerably with a baby seat in the back - might be a good garage-sale kind of investment.

oooh, i never thought of that. I'm gonna try that next time i come over!

karin do you ever experience canadian dick head border guards when you come over?

one time i was pulling into a lane going into the US that had a green light over top of it.. obviously meaning "open" or whatever.. all of the sudden some buddy in combat boots runs out with his hand out in the air motioning me to stop... then to my utter SHOCK he screams at me at the top of his lungs "BACK THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!"... i was completely fucking shocked!! i hadn't done anything other than simply pull ahead... all smiles, on my way to good times, and buddy pulls that MASSIVE POWER TRIP ON ME. i was PISSED.

i'm sorry afro for you having to go through that stuff. those guys can be dicks BIGTIME... i'd head out east or west in boycott.

and another thing....

how could be angry at the Border Guard for taking away your food when its clearly standard protocol that THEY have to FOLLOW.....its the law.

if anything, be angry at yourself for bringing food over the border without doing any research.

well, at least you hopefully learnt your lesson.

and you'll have to learn it everytime you cross from now on and they ask "have you ever been denied access to the USA" and you'll have to grit your teeth and say "Yes...once, but it wasn't anything illegal, i was young and immature and was out of line with a guard"

Afro Poppa had a bad day, and he truly feels sorry for any amount that he may have contributed to his friends being denied access to the U.S.A.

He, himself, recognizes how his reaction to the border guard's confiscation of his food was a catalyst in all this.

He doesn't need a lecture right now. Don't kick him when he's down.

Afro Poppa had a bad day, and he truly feels sorry for any amount that he may have contributed to his friends being denied access to the U.S.A.

He, himself, recognizes how his reaction to the border guard's confiscation of his food was a catalyst in all this.

He doesn't need a lecture right now. Don't kick him when he's down.

*clap clap clap...*

well put, sm. no wonder they gave you the little A next to your name :P

next time, try bringing a chick with you and have her do the driving through the border check. i find they're always easier on girls. Not that it's right for them to treat ladies differently, but they do nonetheless.

I disagree with that statement. The ONLY 2 times I've ever had a problem getting into the States have both been with women driving.

BTW nobody has mentioned this yet but once you are refused entry into the States you can't cross for a minimum of 3(?) years.

Edited by Guest

that sucks afro poppa, sympathy here. last time i crossed with guigsy and fairysari we had a tough time at the border due my 'lying' to them. bastards. we made it across, but not without wasting the best part of our buzz in the customs office. bastards x2.

i'm trying again today, with my boss... here's hoping it's smooth.

Afro Poppa had a bad day' date=' and he truly feels sorry for any amount that he may have contributed to his friends being denied access to the U.S.A.

He doesn't need a lecture right now. Don't kick him when he's down.[/quote']

*clap clap clap...*

well put, sm. no wonder they gave you the little A next to your name :P

I'm sorry to hear about that Afro Pop. They can be real dicks, I've dealt with them on numerous occassions. While it pains me to say this, you have to come across as an ever-obedient, maliable member of society. You have no option but to be transparently courteous to them, as degrading as it feels. They are trained as though the safety and integrity of the nation lies in their hands and their decisions. I can understand their angle, they have to profile when dealing with the mass amounts of people they do. They don't have the leverage or time for faith in humanity. Things suck the way they are but that's not a war you're going to win at the border as they are only brainwashed peons in the whole debacle. Also keep in mind, the security index was probably pretty high in light of the arrests made in Mississauga, 1+ hour from the same border you were trying to cross. I'm sorry you didn't make it to Hunter Mtn, but I wouldn't let this deter you from trying to go back just because of one bad experience.

For the record; Someone asked, Canadian guards ARE just as bad.

For the record; Dima, you're a fucking custie dick, put the salt away and use a little tact.

Edited by Guest

I'm just looking for some sort of hope here. If it's that easy to be denied access to your freedom of travel, I sure as hell hope that there is at least some way to get it back.

dealing this sort of issue is one of the functions of an MP. If you are in this position, call your MP's office and see if you can arrange to speak to them. at very least, you will get coffee and marginal hospitality, and at best, they can have something like this expunged from your record.

just my $0.02.