Jambands.ca

Now that the CBC site is ruined...

CyberHippie

yeah that drives me a little insane- they won awards for the old style a couple of years ago so why change it?!?!?

there seems to be a view (maybe it's just in gov't, not sure) that you have to change your website every few years whether or not it's working well and meeting needs and everything

idiots.

yeah there's nothing wrong with it per se, but

a. it's going to take some getting used to (ie where to find the stuff you were used to going to)

b. how is it better? why the need for change? all for RSS? couldn't that've been incorporated without the huge rejig?

c. i'm stuck in my ways. (partially coz i'm sitting on a piece of gum and so am stuck to my chair but that's beside the point)

Guest Low Roller
What the hell is RSS anyway and how do I get it?

If Lazlo posted this, it would've had an entirely different conetation.

I'm indifferent to the redesign of the CBC website. Snakes on a Plane.

Thanks brad, I was wondering that as well since it seems like it might be something worth looking into.

In my experience with the internet it's true, pages do need updating every few years (not sure why). One thing I've found, though, is that at first I don't like the new layout but once I get used to it I often find new features, etc, and then I like the thing.

Then when I really get used to it, they change it again :(

My beef with the new layout is that I can't see as much without having to click around. Before I used to click on "news" and I could see snippets from all the headlines in all the sections and click through to read the full article. Now they just present you with a few links to articles, less links and less information, and I have to click through to each section to get more details.

As a computer worker, I've only got so many clicks left in me, can't be wasting them on the cbc site! :D

Yes I'm a cermudgen...

I hear you on the news layout, CH - it used to be a nice quick scan through the headlines, but now it seems to take that little bit more clicking.

Still, meh, as it's been said, sites do just seem to change. Didn't take me too long to get used to this site after the last shakeup, and now I've grown to really like it.