Jambands.ca

Acoustic DIESEL DOG-This Sunday afternoon

dieseldoug

Great seeing ya guys last night Doug. Are you guys gonna start doin more acoustic shows? Last nights was fantastic, real laid back groove. I loved hearing the Diesel Dog tunes played acoustic and the 'Our Little Town' with Doug Feaver put a serious smile on my face.

I just finished tracking last nights show, should be up on archive somtime over the weekend.

Cheers

Greg

Thanks a lot Greg.Good to see ya out.We had some sound issues with the internal mic. on my acoustic but it all worked out. I'll add an external condenser mic. to fix that.

It's great to get some positive feedback about the acoustic realm!I bet the Floyd cover is the best sounding from the set. It felt real good last night. I also gotta say Doug Feaver is a rock solid musician and all around good man. I think the third song in was Space Wrangler by Widespread Panic.Cheers buddy!

Edited by Guest

It all sounds great on the recording Doug, but your probally right about 'Fearless', sweet flow and groove to it.

I think the third song in was Space Wrangler by Widespread Panic.Cheers buddy!

Haha, I had deleted the question because I figured out it was Space Wrangler, thanks though. Have a great show tomorrow, wish I could make it, but I'm steeltown bound for this weekend. Catch ya'll at the next one.

Oh and the show should be up on archive within the next half hour or so, I'll post an announcement when its done.

Cheers

SHAMELESS PLUG - Diesel Dog and Doug Feaver at Dancin' Man and Super Freak's buck and doe in Dover july 15th -

Check it out - party of the century. I'm wasted just thinking about it. (or maybe thats last night in me)

Got our tickets already. No thanks to MoMack! ;) Jeremy hooked us up on Friday night. See you all there!

What a glorious afternoon on the huge Norfolk Tavern patio in beautiful Port Dover! No other place I'd've rather been!

Diesel Dog played two 40 min sets and then a big hour and fifty minute set to finish things up.

Tons of highlights! I love the Fearless they do. Animator sounds just great acoustic. Mark Wilson sat in for a couple songs. It is always a genuine treat to hear Mark sing and play guitar. John Henry was very nice. A second encore of Don't Let Go to close things out at around 7 pm was the icing.

4 and a half hours drinking pitchers on a patio had me some drunk... ahhhh, Sunday fun days!

I recorded the whole afternoon. Hopefully it sounds okay. I'll dump it on cdr and get it off to DieselDoug for processing, hopefully by the weekend.

Really enjoyed the acoustic Diesel Dog. I wasn't aware Ryan even played guitar but he really seemed comfortable being out from behind the keys, trading solos and lyrical duties with Doug as Ike and Ricky kept the rhythm tight and solid!

I can see acoustic Diesel being their own opening band for electric Diesel in the future.

We were all happy to have made the 2.5 hour Sunday road trip. Thanks Diesel Dog!

The acoustic/bluegrass version of animator absolutely kicks ass. It's had me smiling for a few days now. Very rare that a band changes the tempo/feel of a great song and it comes out as good if not better (in my opinion).

Keri gave me a copy of the Friday show and it's solid. love the Space Wrangler and the way you guys kept it normal for parts of the song and bluegrassed it up for other parts. The Fearless is wicked too!

For the Diesel Doggers - I like Schwa's idea when were talking on Sunday, of Ryan coming out from behind the keys during your shows to play acoustic guitar for a couple/few songs. Great way to change gears (not just opening with an acoustic set).......again just humble opinions/ideas.