Jambands.ca

ABB setlist? Ottawa

Booche

Ok, this is TOTALLY unconfirmed. Its the best I could do, under the circumstances. You try and do it, fucker. I'll figure it out, once I get sober and put on some albums. I just wanted to put something up, based on what happened with the Toronto show......

It's Not My Cross To Bear!

Aint Wasting Time No More

No One To Run With

Good Morning Little Schoolgirl*

?????*@ (slowish blues, REALLY cool shit, might be a blues standard or a Pine Top tune)

Firing Line (the single from the new album, I am guessing right now at the title)

Statesboro Blues

Woman Across The River

Instrumental Illness (maybe not, gotta do a re-listen)

Who To Believe

Someday Baby (I shit my pants)

Worried Down With The Blues (not sure of that title. Warren sang it, and I think it is a Gov't Mule tune. Dont quote me on it)

Southbound**!

Dreams! >

In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed! >

Drums >

Oteil solo with Marc Quinones! >

Liz Reed

One Way Out

* with Pine Top Perkins

*@ Pine Top Perkins singing

** with Texas horns

! kicked my ass (could have put ! on every song!)

Let's just say, Ottawa has NEVER seen a concert of that scale. we were slayed, and a bunch of us are going to get laid because of it. It's better than 'The Dead' have got going, I can say that in all honesty.

I am going to try and do a review with Mrs Hux, hopefully, so watch for it.

Based on the setlists for both shows, Ottawa kicked Toronto's ass again this year (go Renegades! Go Sens! Go fuck off TO, we are now the center of the universe!)

Gotta run............................. [big Grin]

"...a bunch of us are going to get laid because of it."

How come I wasn't in on this? [Confused]

I should have been wearing leather pants like that one dude with the leather pants. Chicks dig leather.

ABB rocked, Nero rocked, people rocked, people rolled, must wake up and get MMW ticket for Sun-day.

Nice job on the setlist Booche.

Off to see the Sandman.

Sounds like it was a good show. Did they open with Dont Want You No More >Not My Cross to Bear or did they actually go right into Not My Cross to Bear? Setlist looks good - comparable in quality to the Toronto show. Cant wait to hear both shows and decide which was actually better. I was at the T.O. show and it totally blew me away. One of the best ABB shows I have ever heard. Hopefully both shows start circulating real soon [Cool]

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

???
??*@ (slowish blues, REALLY cool shit, might be a blues standard or a Pine Top tune)

Wasn't this It Hurts Me Too? I think there was a Trouble No More in there somewhere too.

Great, great show. I lost my head during Dreams. Will post more once I find it.

How were the vocals at the back? Up front they were really weak. The only negative about the whole show.

"It's better than 'The Dead' have got going, I can say that in all honesty."

With all due respect, ABB are great, I enjoyed the hell out of it last night, but it's 75% blues progressions, which they wail on, but nothing in the league musically of a Help-Slip, WRS, or Unbroken, and the Dead take it WAY out there in a more jazz/pure psychedelic way.

Not trying to start a big battle here, just my 2 cents.... [smile] See both bands, they're kicking ass right now!!!

It was definitely How Long Blues

I wrote 'How Long ????' on my sheet of paper.

I know Hurts Me Too, and there was none of that action, from what I could tell.

"Did they open with Dont Want You No More >Not My Cross to Bear or did they actually go right into Not My Cross to Bear? "

Good question. I was in the photo pit taking pictures, so the first 2-3 songs are lost on me.

It was a battle for positioning, and a battle with those lawn chair jerks. I actually told a stranger to go fuck themselves. That is sooooo unlike me, I usually reserve things like that for people I know.

"but nothing in the league musically of a Help-Slip, WRS, or Unbroken, and the Dead take it WAY out there in a more jazz/pure psychedelic way. "

True enough, but they are pulling it off better than the Dead right now. The Dead have a number of their old songs that just plain suck, not to mention most of the new ones. The new Allman tunes blow the new Dead tunes out of the water.

The jams are still great with the Dead, but there is far more noodling than I have ever heard from them now, with little direction.

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

I know Hurts Me Too, and there was none of that action, from what I could tell.

The tune wasn't there but I swear he sang those lyrics. The guy behind me was singing them too. Someone got a tape of the show?

well, i was gonna let earthfreak spill the beans on this one, but since no one's got the setlist down, here goes...

the show last night ROCKED!

afterwards, earthfreak and I went backstage to meet up with my buddy from their crew

we hung out with Warren for a bit in the production office, and then rode the elevator down with Butch and Marc.

Hooked Jeff Sipe (Susans drummer) up with a treat for the road, and then shared one with some of the crew outside their tour bus as we said goodbye.

it was an awesome evening:)

oh yeah, my friend prints off the setlist for the band each night and had leftovers in the office...i took a bunch, so here it is:

don't want you

cross to bear

ain't wastin' no more time

no one to run with

school girl

how long blues (Pinetop on vocals)

firing line

statesboro

woman across river

instrumental illness

who to believe

trouble no more

worried down blues

southbound (w/ texas horns)

dreams

liz reed

e: no way out

Ok, I am pretty sure that gambler's roll and

done somebody wrong were not played.

Also, Statesboro Blues is in the wrong spot, and Southbound isnt even included nor is Someday Baby.

Thats gotta be a setlist for another show, or they decided to deviate from it.

Anyways, Sally and I just came back from the Hope Beach Volleyball Tourney. We were on our balcony, and thought we were listening to a Blue Rodeo cover band, but the more we listened the more we realized Jim Cuddy was singing, so we walked over. We have just set a personal record for Closest Concert To Home. If I played golf, I would be able to hit a golf ball there, with some kind of wood though.

Pretty crazy stuff, it was The Jim Cuddy band.

I'm glad you Ottawa boys enjoyed the show.

I don't necessarily agree with your comparison Hux, but you are right if you compare this current line-up of the ABB with that of the " old " Dead. The Duane-Dickie Allmans wailed songs out using just as complex jazz-funk-blues progressions - so did the Dickie-Warren Allmans. However, the Dead always got way " more out there " than any rock band has ever. Without Dickie, the Allmans are almost exclusively a blues outfit, with a dash of soul and funk.

those deviants!

i've got 3 copies of the setlist here and i notice now that some tunes are scratched off and others scribbled in there....hmmmmm

i think my editted version above is right now

so we were originally meant to get a Gambler's Roll and a Done Somebody Wrong...i'm good with the changes they made:)

sounds like they did kick hamiltons ass booche, the thing that gets me is DREAMS>ELIZIBETH REED, i cant fuckin believe it, you lucky bastards.

Dreams is my fav allman tune, i did get it 2 years ago and was dying to hear it again but looks like they were savin it for our ottawa friends. Glad they came your way guys and glad to hear you guys had a big of a blast as we also did.

Gathering of the Vibes setlist:

mountain jam

you don't love me

midnight rider

wasted words

rocking horse

soulshine

high cost of low living

don't keep me wonderin'

the same thing (w/ Karl Denson & Danny Louis)

desdemona (w/ Karl)

come and go blues

i've been loving you too long (w/ deep banana blackout horns)

dreams

instrumrental illness

e: revival

...how could that set possibly suck???? (see ABB & Karl Denson post)

Just got back from the weekend at the Ottawa Bluesfest - what an awesome weekend of music!

Thanks Bones for posting GOTV setlist - I had been wondering about that, as I was supposed to have been there too.

Anyway, seeing as I noticed there wasn't a spot on the ABB's setlist page on their website for the Ottawa setlist, I decided it would be prudent for me to write it myself during the show. Not sure if everyone's agreed on it yet, but my written setlist is in complete agreement with Bones's list from 1:22pm 7/12/03. I included in my notes that Pinetop Perkins played keys with Gregg during Good Mornin' Little Schoolgirl, and that Oteil did a funky bass jam after the drum jam midway through Lizzy Reed, and that the encore was One Way Out, but everything else is the same.

In reference to Booche's comment, the lyrics "someday baby" are included in the song Trouble No More.

As for going through the motions, I thought the band looked really happy, and even Gregg and Derek cracked grins during the show.

BTW, yes Worried Down With The Blues is a Gov't Mule tune off Deep End Volume I, and what a treat it was, and appropriate since Derek, Oteil and Gregg all play on it on the Mule album.

After seeing both Toronto and Ottawa, perhaps it was my mood, but Ottawa smoked!

Great festival - I hope it remains chill like it is (ie. soft grass to dance in and no crazy security issues with intrusive shakedowns at the gate).

"Not sure if everyone's agreed on it yet, but my written setlist is in complete agreement with Bones's list from 1:22pm 7/12/03"

Well, now that it has been editted [Wink]

"In reference to Booche's comment, the lyrics "someday baby" are included in the song Trouble No More."

That has messed me up for the past 5 years. Maybe this time, it will stick!

Thanks MuleMomma

in case anyone is interested, here is the setlist from the Allman Bros. last show of their tour in Boston:

(Sun) Allman Brothers Band Tweeter Center Mansfield, Massachusetts

1. Layla

2. Trouble No More

3. Ain't Wastin' Time No More

4. Firing Line

5. Woman Across The River

6. Melissa

7. Black Hearted Woman

8. Statesboro Blues

9. Into The Mystic

10. Stand Back

11. Midnight Rider

12. Desdemona

13. Good Morning Little School Girl

14. Every Hungry Woman

15. Dreams

16. Instrumental Illness

Encore

17. Whipping Post

quote:

Originally posted by bones:

in case anyone is interested, here is the setlist from the Allman Bros. last show of their tour in Boston:

(Sun) Allman Brothers Band Tweeter Center Mansfield, Massachusetts

1. Layla

2. Trouble No More

3. Ain't Wastin' Time No More

4. Firing Line

5. Woman Across The River

6. Melissa

7. Black Hearted Woman

8. Statesboro Blues

9. Into The Mystic

10. Stand Back

11. Midnight Rider

12. Desdemona

13. Good Morning Little School Girl

14. Every Hungry Woman

15. Dreams

16. Instrumental Illness

Encore

17. Whipping Post

Shit, awesome. I can't believe they did into the mystic, theres Warrens influences on the band, he loves throwing in some covers, layla rocks as well, I wish they'd do the badge. If anyone see's this for download, let me know. Oh yeah I also met a guy last night who recorded the Ottawa show, he's gonna get me a copy once he transfers it over.

Archived