Jambands.ca

Thanks Arnason

rubberdinghy

Welcome to the new NHL.

I dont think anyone really argued that it was a trade for the future, as much as they were trying to say Ottawa was grabbing a 2nd line center for the playoffs.

Didnt work out for them. I wonder who will give him a shot and what they will pay him.

By the way Dinghy, Ottawa paid for 5 weeks of his salary. That hardly works out to 1.2 million or whatever his pay was. Also, it should be noted that Bochenski wasnt even playing. Its hardly a terrible trade. Pay attention to any other team and you will see that stuff happening all the time.

Wait and see if Brandon can do anything in the future and THEN you can whine about it. That's what us Montreal fans were doing for 10 years.

;)

how does the trade not working = muckler being a smart guy? and no...I don't think Bochenski was any sort of saviour...He traded away one guy, who could possible one day be a decent player (i'm not saying he'd be a 30 goal scorer), for another guy who played 19 games, who, they aren't resigning, and didn't help in the short or long terms no matter how you look at it, or depending on who you talk too.

In the end...we lost 3 players and a draft choice, for nothing in return...Awesome.

He traded away one guy, who could possible one day be a decent player (i'm not saying he'd be a 30 goal scorer)

hey dingy, chin up, bud - you can get guys who might possibly be decent one day anytime. they're all over the place. dont worry, man. there's tons of guys who wont score 30 goals.

:)

Guest Low Roller
The Leafs once again had the league laughing at their picks.

I thought you said "laughing at their dicks"... That's funnier.

Guest Low Roller

I would like to compare the Bochenski/Arnason trade to the Marcel Hossa/Garth Murray trade in Montreal. Same premise, worse result... for Ottawa.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2006/06/27/1655843-sun.html

The Ottawa GM defended his decision to ship winger Brandon Bochenski to Chicago, along with a second-round draft pick, in exchange for Arnason at the trade deadline.

"Who said (Bochenski) was a good prospect?" said Muckler. "He had a good training camp and he had other opportunities when he was called up from (Binghamton), but he was a guy that we deemed to be expendable."

Actually Roller, if I remember correctly, Hossa was going to be left unprotected based on roster moves at the start of the year so the Habs had to deal him or get nothing at all. Basically, your comparison is out of wack.

"Who said (Bochenski) was a good prospect?"

Dinghy said, that's who.

I finally had to weigh in on this topic.

In my not so humble opinion, Arnason's a bum.

Maybe another team will give him a chance, but if he doesn't pull up his socks next season, he's done.

If the Blackhawks give Bochenski the right linemates, he will be a top scorer within three seasons. Mark my words.

Muckler? yeah, he's still a smart hockey man, but that trade was a mistake.