Jambands.ca

Sat 07/08:Chameleon Project +What the Thunder Said w/KaeSun @ Jimmy Jazz

The Chameleon

06-07-08_jazz.jpg

Saturday July 8th

[color:olive]The Chameleon Project w/[color:orange]What The Thunder Said feat. [color:gray][color:gray]Kae Sun

@ The Jimmy Jazz, 52 Macdonell Street, Guelph, ON

www.vinyljimmyjazz.com

What: Next Saturday you're in for a very unique action packed groove-a-thon. [color:olive] The Chameleon Project will roll into the Jimmy Jazz in guelph for a special trio performance, with support from Guelph's own [color:orange]What the Thunder Said feat. hip-hop lyricist [color:grey]KaeSun.

[color:olive]The Chameleon Project known for it's musical morphing and fearless experimentation, continues these trends, by pairing down to a power trio of bass, guitar, drums and an army of electronics. This new trio format is proving to be a wild and exciting ride that allows for maximum musical freedom and expression. A special performance is on tap indeed.

[color:orange]What the Thunder Said (WTTS) , are Guelph's hometown progressive rock alchemists, who are also pushing the limits by stepping outside their normal repertoire and teaming up with ultra-talented hip-hop MC [color:gray]KaeSun. WTTS will be transforming into a deadly hip-hop unit, in their own distinctive way, in support of KaeSun for this show.

Then to end off the evening there will be a special no-holds barred, anything goes jam session featuring members of [color:olive]the Chameleon Project, [color:orange]What the Thunder Said and [color:gray]KaeSun.

Sound will be bent, grooves will be worked, rhymes will be dropped and feat will most certainly move to the wild, exciting, & improvised music that will fill the Jimmy Jazz on Saturday July 8th.

Come early stay late, please be our guest.....we promise to blow your mind..........and ours.

--------------------------

www.chameleonproject.com

www.whatthethundersaid.ca

www.kaesunmusic.com

--------------------------

[color:red] Oh yeah and there is no cover.............Sexy! whitebarrymain.jpg

Edited by Guest

Looking forward to trying our hand at the hip hop and sould grooves Kae has designed.

Had a great practice last night and I think we've successfully transformed our approach to do justice to this previously un-thundered territory.

To further that with a collaborative jam that will bring break-beat-jazz-progressive rock-soul and hip-hop all together at the end of the night will be a very educational experience....cheers to the hope of no train wrecked endings

Deeps

So is this one of those shows that's in the "jamband scene"? I won't be at it, but I think it's essential for people to know which scene a show is in, to allow them to get their preconceived notions straight before they go.

;)

Aloha,

Brad

[color:purple]Agreed BradM, let's compartmentalize the fuck outta this one so every thing is neat and tidy in an aural sense.

You are also right it is best to establish your pre-concieved notions at home. See at home it's a safe enviroment to make wildly uniformed decisions. if you wait until you're at the venue to decide what you like you may be swayed by the killer jams and amazing musicianship. And if that happens you may find out you really like something y6ou didn't plan on.

Let's not have that. Chart out on paper what you will allow yourself to like and hate at home so there is no confusion. Then bring your document to the show to remind yourself how you are suppose to feel.

Or you could show up, get crunked and have your mind blown by all the hard work and awsome music that will be exploded on your unsuspecting cortex! :/:o:D:D:D:D:D

explode.jpg

[color:red]Hold up now! Bary will expect some royalties for unathorized use of my avatar and likeness in this post! Look here babies, without my consent, using my likeness is like grabbin' ass when you really hsould ask! Not sexy!

But Barry can't stay mad....I'll let it go but i expect some sexiness on sage to make up for this lack of judgement. Someone best be naked!

:o

Edited by Guest

Looks like we might have a few special Guelph musicians dropping by for some jammin.

Last time we did a jam of this sort in the Jimmy Jazz there was dancing until 3am.

Now that I'm living back in the city I can actually stay up late....niiice.

See you Saturday Josh and once again you and the boys have crash spaces with your names on 'em out here.

I'm the hip hoppiest.

Deeps

Yeah you know what jaydawg...one time on the track I had me these hoez and I was like'; "Y'all bitches, want to make a movie? We'll get a couple of you and a bunch of the brothers and then well all grease and have monster jam, on tape and then sell that muthafucker fo' cash. Ya dig?."

Is that what you talkin' about playa'? 'Cause I think this thread is about a live concert or some shit!

Jaydawg you nasty keep it clean on the scen bro'

Pimp out! :)

pimp.jpg

Edited by Guest

I'm going to stop in Guelph for the first time in my life today. Just thought I would share. What should I look for?

When you are coming info the 401 as you approach Guelph downtown, you will drive by the Univeristy.

On the main street in Guelph (Wellington) there is cool rcord store callerd Bassline records upstairs that sels electroni music, and below is a neat clothing shop.

There are many cool litte cafes, and hippie shops and lots of hot hippie chicks to go along with that. Much more laid back than Toronot, people are actuallky "nice" without knowing you are real shocker!

See you there SS.

P.S. There is a nice big park down by Speed river which you will drive over, on the way in.

Edited by Guest