Jambands.ca

eat'n in toronto?

c-towns

One place I've been meaning to get to, and probably will during the Mike/Trey/Duo trip, is C'est What. My plan is to arrive Sunday afternoon, probably on the train, get a hotel near Union Station (and thus the Hummingbird Centre and CW), have Sunday dinner with my family in the East end, and then spend Monday and Tuesday prowling Toronto and having at least one or two dinners and lunches in interesting places, including CW.

Aloha,

Brad

C'est What is a great place bradm!

I partied there for my birthday the past two years, really nice loungey type place with great food, often there is a great band playing and there is always awsome beer. C'est What brews their own (I believe) and it is really reasonably priced and fantastic tasting. I recomend the Coffee porter if you are into dark/coffee type beers.

For burgers it's gotta be Dangerous Dan's

Check out the Quadruple C or the Coronary Burger Specials....

The Double D Proudly Presents:

Our specials for all of your incredibly excessive beef needs:

Bronto Ribs Dinner

2½ Lbs. Back Beef Ribs w/ French Fries or Mashed Potatoes

For Only $ 14.95 (Royale 18.70)

Try our 24oz Bulls Balls Burger

w/ Fries and a Pop

For Only $ 13.45 (Royale 17.20)

The Coronary Burger Special

2 8oz Patties, 4 Slices of Bacon, 2 Slices of Cheddar and a Fried Egg on top. Served w/ Fries and Gravy, Can of Pop and Mayo as a garnish for sure!

$ 13.45 (Royale 17.20)

Quadruple C

"Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"

24oz burger served with a quarter pound of cheese, a quarter pound of bacon, and 2 fried eggs. Also comes with a large shake (flavor of your choice) and a small poutine.

$ 21.99 (Royale 25.74)

For Roti it's gotta be Albert's at St. Clair and Bathurst...

Edited by Guest

for Indian, head down to Little India (Gerrard east of Greenwood) There's a slew of restuarants all offering lunch and dinner buffets for under $10!!!!!

Best Sri Lankan is on Wellsley (just across Parliament) name is escaping me, but it is absolutley divine. Be forewarned that none of these places will win an interior decor award, but they are authentic.

There's a great empanada place (tiny, usually standing room only...or take it and stroll) on Augusta in Kensington.

We lived on Ossington so frequently frequented the Ethiopean restuarants along Bloor. If you haven't tried Ethipoean, do yourself a favour.....The meal comes on a large communal platter and you eat with your fingers....wrapping the delicious curry-type stuff in the injere sour-dough bread (a cross between a pancake and a crepe.) I can only speak about the veg platters, though. Queen of Sheba has gone downhill these last few years; I'd recommend Lalibela.

Can anyone suggest a place for Japanese shabu shabu? I have a craving that will likely not be settled until I get to Toronto.

Second, I saw an episode of "Opening Soon" one time that showcased a raw food place in Toronto. It looked very interesting to me and I'd like to try it. So does anyone know the name of it, where it is and if it's any good?

Second, I saw an episode of "Opening Soon" one time that showcased a raw food place in Toronto. It looked very interesting to me and I'd like to try it. So does anyone know the name of it, where it is and if it's any good?

You could try the episode archive and see if any of the names ring a bell.

No, wait, some Googling turned up a reference to the "Live Organic Food Bar", which was an episode in season #4.

I think I found it:

http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/mp/ON/null/LIVE%2BOrganic%2BFood%2BBar/416/5152002/264%2BDupont%2BSt/null/null/0/1/0000000000000140000112571007.html

http://www.livefoodbar.com/

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

Ms. Hux... if it's the Live Organic Food at Dupont and Spadina I hear it's hard to get into. It's on my list of new places to try but I don't think they accept reservations so only go if you've got a lot of time on your hands! Others who've been there might be able to dispel this myth. I do hear that the food is amazing though!

Sharon...I'm sure it's the Dupont/West of Spadina place of which Aromatherapy speaks that you;re thinking of....it used to be called RAW, IIRC....very teeny-tiny, seats about 6 people. I also never got around to trying it before we left, but guess what....I found a place here in Ottawa that does the same "living foods" thing, so we can go out to that one some day.