Jambands.ca

T-Bone Steaks

MarcO

fuck the eye dinghy, always purchase the PRIME rib steak with the rib dude!

Rib-eye is always more expensive (per pound) since they cleaned the bone off, and you'll get a much better tasting steak if you leave it on the bone. Tips from our friendly neighbourhood boucher (butcher).

A T-Bone is basically a Filet Mignon on one side of the bone and a sirloin (ny strip) on the other.

I think it was Michael Smith who said to not shop by the cut, but look for a steak with LOTSA marbling. So, depending on the day at your local butcher, you could come home with a ribsteak, striploin, t-bone...whatever has the most of that yummy fat throughout!

ummmm...Bone in Rib-Eye DUDE! and yes, marbling is key. pffffffff what...you think I'm some sort of rookie.

I usually grill straight up...Olive Oil and thickly ground pepper!

my bad...I just remembered the "rib-eye" is considered to be a boneless rib steak...

its these percocets...I'm telling ya!

Edited by Guest

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you haven't tried Bob Blummer's steak trick, you have not lived. IT IS THE BEST STEAK YOU WILL EVER EAT.

Steak:

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

3 tablespoons salt

2 1/2 pounds rib-eye, New York strip, or sirloin steak, 1 1/2 inches thick

Preheat a grill.

Dissolve cayenne pepper and salt in 1 cup hot water. Transfer to a squeeze container.

Place the steak directly over a hot grill, while grilling, baste a couple of times per side with the cayenne mixture, until the outer portion of the meat reaches the desired degree of doneness. Remove the steak from the grill and let rest before serving.

Report back to me.

One of the other tricks Blumer (his father, actually) uses is to grill the steak until the outside is done, then slice off the outside bits (which are served on bread), after which the rest of the (underdone) steak is returned to the grill until the outside of it is done, at which point more is sliced off, with the rest returned to the grill, and so on.

Aloha,

Brad

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you haven't tried Bob Blummer's steak trick, you have not lived. IT IS THE BEST STEAK YOU WILL EVER EAT.

Steak:

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

3 tablespoons salt

2 1/2 pounds rib-eye, New York strip, or sirloin steak, 1 1/2 inches thick

Preheat a grill.

Dissolve cayenne pepper and salt in 1 cup hot water. Transfer to a squeeze container.

Place the steak directly over a hot grill, while grilling, baste a couple of times per side with the cayenne mixture, until the outer portion of the meat reaches the desired degree of doneness. Remove the steak from the grill and let rest before serving.

Report back to me.

Oh, I will, Sharon. I will.

Porterhouse T-Bone + grilled asparagus and zucchini + cold beer or two = Happy MarcO.

it is resting now.

the zucchini was well past it's prime so I only got 1/3 out of it. But yellow pepper and mushrooms - grilled on a skewer - are making up for it.

I am going to eat this now. Thank you for your support!

love,

Marc.