Jambands.ca

Goodnight to my dear friend...

Velvet

Yeah, y'know, the Studebacher Hoch benefit dinner is one of my favourite Hoch-boy memories.

About two years into our relationship, Studebacher got sick and needed immediate attention. I was a student and unsure how I would pay for surgery but of course I said "go ahead". Then me and my roommate cleared our apartment and turned it into a restaurant that would seat almost twenty people and we had a benefit dinner, seated two waves of givers and raised almost the entire amount of his surgery. There were several people there that hadn't even met him.

It was beautiful.

Thanks to you all for the well wishes, and a special thanks to all I saw at the Bluesfest tonight. You were all very kind.

I was quite nervous the first time I had to "stab" The Hoch. Velvet assured me that if I stuck him while he was eating, it would go smoothly. So breakfast is served and Studers starts chowing. STAB! A nasty glance over the shoulder and a snarl was all I got...and then back to purring and chowing.

He was a great companion and had a great companion. He was one lucky cat, and will be missed by many.

Studebacher Hoch:

May all your fields be filled with balls of yarn and tasty mice.

Thanks for not stabbing me back.

Oh, and enjoy your new thumbs.