Jambands.ca

Goodnight to my dear friend...

Velvet

Studebacher Hoch, circa 1988-July 11, 2006

It saddens me deeply to announce the passing of my fuzzy little buddy, Studebacher. He was in a steady decline since October due to cancer, down from over 7 kilos to 2.3 kilos, and he had to be put down today. The last few weeks he had been unsteady and the last few days he had a very difficult time walking, or moving at all. His final days were spent peacefully and he enjoyed a final meal of a can of tuna, something he had never had the pleasure of being served in the fourteen years I've known him.

The Hoch was a noble and proud cat, loved by many and admired by most. He led a very long and interesting life for a cat, being fairly well travelled and living through many an adventure. I will miss my friend greatly, and I know there are several people here who will also miss him.

Studebacher Hoch,

Cat of cats.

I hope you had a good time.

You have my condolences, Velvet. I didn't know him that well, but I know how much he means to you. (Just because he's gone doesn't mean that "means to you" becomes "meant to you"; love is a feeling someone has, and it doesn't go away just because the one that's loved has.)

Aloha,

Brad

I am so sorry for your loss, cc.

:(

He was certainly one of the coolest.

Last years great glebe garage sale, I was working on the garden in front of your place, hangin out with jojo and studebacher, and EVERY person that walked by not only checked out the hoch-man, but commented on what a cool/fine/sexy/stylin/badass/handsome/sweet lookin cat he was. It got to the point of being ridiculous. Even studebacher thought so and walked around the side of the house to avoid some of the attention. :D :cool:

he will be missed.

I'm sorry to hear this Velvet. There is nothing quite like losing a good friend, but I'm glad you were able to be there for him in his final moments. There is something special about the unconditional love that animals can give, and I know from experience that that feeling never goes away. Take care.

This is never easy. He was treated well and lived a good life. I remember years ago attending a benefit to cure his urinary tract infection.

Cats are cool by species, Studebacher was cooler than most . . . that made him hella-cool by any standard.

He'll be missed by all who knew him.