Jambands.ca

The Who @ the ACC...

Mr. Photogeek

Unless you have never seen Roger and Pete live, then go to the show - Pete continually reinvents his guitar sound and style in fascinating and unpredictable ways. However, Roger's voice will start to shred 30-40 minutes into the set, leaving only one original Who member left to fill out the authentic sound.

Unless you have never seen Roger and Pete live, then go to the show - Pete continually reinvents his guitar sound and style in fascinating and unpredictable ways. However, Roger's voice will start to shred 30-40 minutes into the set, leaving only one original Who member left to fill out the authentic sound.

so what your trying to tell me is get the cheap seats? :)

Unless you have never seen Roger and Pete live' date=' then go to the show - Pete continually reinvents his guitar sound and style in fascinating and unpredictable ways. However, Roger's voice will start to shred 30-40 minutes into the set, leaving only one original Who member left to fill out the authentic sound.[/quote']

so what your trying to tell me is get the cheap seats? :)

Well, this is a very tough topic for me since Pete is my favourite guitarist/songwriter of all time. I'd pay to see Pete live, but this severely watered-down "Who" product ain't worth the big dough. Even Keith Moon's ghost would think twice about shelling out the money when it could be better used for some more brandy.

Although I'm sure Townshend and I'm hoping Zak Starkey, will still rip your face off regardless of your seats.

I reviewed the show in 2002 and heaped praise on the band and the ACC show. I think Pete alone is worth $100. However, I wouldn't pay top dollar, at least not any more.

Hey, they will put on a killer show, it just depends if the line-up matters to you or not.

Hey' date=' they will put on a killer show, it just depends if the line-up matters to you or not. [/quote']

[color:purple]I am only going if Keith Moon is playing drums. He is playing...right?

Zak Starkey is the best and most appropriate drummer to take over the reigns since Moon. Zak has a past connection with Keith too, making his involvement genuine.

Hey' date=' they will put on a killer show, it just depends if the line-up matters to you or not. [/quote']

[color:purple]I am only going if Keith Moon is playing drums. He is playing...right?

Zak Starkey is the best and most appropriate drummer to take over the reigns since Moon. Zak has a past connection with Keith too, making his involvement genuine.

nice!

Keith gave a very young Zak a Pearl (I think it was a Pearl, but it might have been a Premier) drum kit. Moon spent far too many days over a Ringo's place, although Zak ended up being more influenced by Moon than his father.

Zak and Moon The Loon:

strmvelv.jpg

Unless you have never seen Roger and Pete live' date=' then go to the show - [/quote']

confused by this wording...i have not seen them, so are you recommending to go check them out (for the first time)? the words suggest the opposite!

Yes, go and see them - Pete will kick you ass. But it'll never be the same with this "watered-down" line-up - and I wouldn't pay top dollar either. For comparison, pull out Live At Leeds or even some latter day Entwistle/Who concerts like the 911 DVD tribute. I'd never pay to see Roger alone. He's the weakest member of The Who historically (original members).

Edited by Guest

I'd have to give this a pass - a) the tix are just too far out of range for one band, and B) I'd hold out to see Townshend play alone, expecting that he'd shake up a bit more how he does the tunes; I'd be afraid that as the Who they'd want to stick closer to the recipe. But I certainly agree with you, Jaimoe, that Townshend's playing is still something very much worth paying close attention to.

I'll tell ya; Leanne and I went and saw them the last time they were through. Neither of us were expecting much and yet they absolutely blew the roof off the ACC. They rocked with an intensity that I've never seen on stage before. This will be a great show; there is no question in my mind.

Tried getting tickets for the Ottawa show this morning. Best I could get was 20th row floor. Not close enough for $200.

I'll try my luck with the public onsale on Monday.

Scored 8th row, center section floor!! I'm finally gonna get to see Townsend!