Jambands.ca

coming to Ottawa...

shainhouse

The last time I ate there the waitress mentioned not to bother tipping since she doesn't get it anyway, that the manager keeps the tips.

Someone else told me this exact same story as well, though I can't recall who at the moment. I just remember being surprised that it happened to me as well.

Not So Good.

One of the waitresses even told us they do not get to keep their tips. We tried to sneak something to her but she was very nervous and said no.

I still eat there occasionally for take out cause the food is sooooooo good.

Who knows.... let's hope Peter has changed his ways since then.

The last time I ate there the waitress mentioned not to bother tipping since she doesn't get it anyway, that the manager keeps the tips.

Someone else told me this exact same story as well, though I can't recall who at the moment. I just remember being surprised that it happened to me as well.

Not So Good.

Yup that was me.....I guess he hasn't changed his ways

wow. Thats so not cool or legal...thats not worth the good food.

Shain...then may I suggest to you Shanghai restauant....very neato atmosphere, great food, if you go on Thursday they have a D.J. spinnin' and if you're lucky you'll spot the dad who passed on or sold the place to his son rockin it out in his overalls w/cane(so cute).

Edited by Guest

We;re busy that night as well. I just wanted to express my opinion of So Good. Ever since I heard that the manager takes the wait staff's tips I can't morally eat there. Paying less than minimum wage is okay if they're making tips, but otherwise, it's just not right.

and the food sucks. Try Shanghai for real quality.