Jambands.ca

Toronto Tonight??

c-towns

What's everyone's plans?

Harbourfront then.....

I checked out Muzo's myspace and it doesn't sound like fun to me (maybe its just me)

Beaches Jazz fest? I didn't recognize any bands, but there could be some diamonds in the rough.

GROOVEYARD at Esplanade Bier Markt (this is the band GRAB played with at the century club before the toronto show (no idea what they're about)

Herbie Hancock tribute at the Trane

With Michael Shand, Larnell Lewis, Rich Brown and Neil Brathwaite

9:30pm, $15 adv.

On Bathurst between Blor and Dupont

and where are these Dj's someone spoke of?

Beaches could be good, but a buddy of mine saw Muzo and said they were really tight and sort of Umphreys-ish. Apparently they don't sound a lot like their studio stuff live (I also did not love the tracks up on myspace). I may check that out, plus its a charity show for War Child which is always a good cause.

Have fun.

i've been to a Muzo show at Clinton's before, usually a good crowd and a good buzz going, guitar player rips it up good and the bass player trips out hard

i saw grooveyard at century room with trey - they were pretty good - played a lot of funk covers

trey was sick though

makeitfunky-back2006july.jpg

I'll be at the Make it Funky Party... High Plains Drifter and Chameleon Project do a set blender starting at 10 PM - 11:45, then it's DJ RPG from Moses Mayes, Big League Chu and Small town Djs from Calgary... a big ol' funk party.

I think MUZO is a fine instrumental band (drummer and guitarist are great), but their singer needs some work... the owners pulled the band off stage at the Gypsy Co-op when they opened for The Breakfast becuase too many people were leaving... I wonder if that guy is still in the band?

I remember liking the instrumental Muzo tracks I heard when they were a trio, but then they added that singer...yeesh. I hate to be one to hurt on a guy just trying to make some music, but he does need some work.

I'm also looking for something to do in the Big Smoke tonight, a couple of buddies are coming up from Akron and Rochester. Who's on the bill at the Jazz Fest tonight, and what does it cost?

Muzo has changed a lot since the Co-op gig. That was the second gig with their new singer who was still very unsure about his place in the band (which, I'm not going to lie, was quite obvious). He is a wealth of talent and now he plays acoustic guitar, piano, and sampler which has really given the band a new direction.

Come to clinton's tonight and see for yourself. If not have a funkadelic evening!

Rev, check out

http://www.beachesjazz.com/streetfest.html

It's free.

Aloha,

Brad

This kid is unbelievalble - caught him the past two years - he was 14 I guess the first time I saw him anyway he busted out some bela fleck on his flute it was awesome.....

if anyone makes it check him out - he's at the second Starbucks along Queen at Hammersmith Avenue. (there's a starbucks just east of woodbine but he's at the next one)

Rob Christian (Jazz, Swing, Latin, Funk)

2006 StreetFest @ Starbucks Coffee, 2253 Queen St. E.

http://www.beachesjazz.com/streetfest/2006/bios/christian.html

Yo guys,

MUZO has become the band in toronto with the most upside. For those of you who saw them before the summer, they have STEPPED IT UP since then. I was also at that gypsy co-op gig and it was no good (again, due mostly to the new addition of the singer), but for anybody who has seen them in the last 2 months they will surely agree that he has now been fully integrated into the band and the sound is pristine. the jams are solid, the tunes are interesting, and the covers are really f*cking sweet. I hope for all of your sakes you come out and see the band in toronto that has some serious upside and the potential to be something special. plus it's free, so what better night than tonight!